Britney Spears

In Talks To

Headline in Vegas!

1/11/2013 11:49 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0111_britney_spears_article
Britney Spears is in "serious talks" to move to Las Vegas and headline a "Celine" type show -- TMZ has learned.

Sources familiar with the situation tell us ... Britney and her people are talking about establishing residency for the singer in Sin City and are also in talks with one of the hotels to do a "big, nightly show."

We're told the negotiations are with one of the CAESARS group properties, and they have "been wooing her for awhile."

As we first reported ... Britney has cleared the decks by quitting "X Factor" and is in the studio recording her 8th album.

Our sources say there is "a lot of interest" in Britney's camp over a Vegas move, and -- obviously -- a lot of interest on the Vegas side of headlining a show.

Celine Dion scored nearly $100 mil a year for her gig.  Our sources think Britney could do even better.

0111_las_vegas_acts_footer

Jay

I would not attend the show but good for her

Here is one potential train wreck that was averted

Sunset Strip Dealer

Why would anybody with a brain pay to see Brit or Beyonce do karaoke live? Let me pay $150.00 to see somebody stand there and lip sync. The world will be a much better place when this crap is gone.

tamara

Lip sync or not I'd still go!

Glynn

I believe Celine Dion sang live; something Britney is incapable of doing.

AngelSmiles

She has bad knees and her voice is shot without will.i.am techno b/s! She has been unable to really dance since K-fed years when she fell??? This will be painful to watch!!!

VictoriaGirl

How can it be a "Celine type show" when Celine actually sings live and britney has never sung live a day in her life?

sophiastormy

Lip syncing for big money. Vomit

Lisa

Britney needs to take a couple years off and be with her children. Her team needs to stop pushing her to perform when it's obvious that she isn't happy anymore.

Scott

To say she will be bigger than Celine is a huge stretch. Celine appealed to a wider range of people which is why she lasted so long and could charge so much for tickets. I wouldn't pay for either because I'd rather see a Cirque show any day for that price. However, Britney's audience is a lot younger and thus on average will not spend as much on tickets or more likely would choose to go clubbing instead.

Lee

Good for Brit. She has turned her life around, albeit with help from her Dad. Looks like her fate is to have men living off of her for the rest of her life though.
I never cared for Celine..........she always looks like something smells bad.

Justin

Celine will ALWAYS be the queen of Vegas in my book!

kimkardashianstalkingass

Who is the opening act - Jessica Simpson? I'd rather pay my money to see Don Rickles. Wait, Britney dancing might be funnier than Rickles.

Straight Talkin Texan

Yes, but Celine can SING! Britney doing a vegas show is ridiculous!

JC

Let the woman take a career breather to focus on getting well and be around her children long enough to know her name better than the nanny's. Hasn't she made enough money to keep her handlers/conservator happy for a bit?

Say It Isn't So

Man, this girl SERIOUSLY has the look of "crazy" in her eyes. And I don't mean "fun loving crazy" I mean CLINICAL CRAZY. She's a complete joke.