Britney Spears

Quitting 'X Factor' was

'Very Difficult Decision'

1/11/2013 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0111_britney_spears_x_factor_article

Britney Spears just released a statement confirming the story TMZ first reported ... that she's leaving "X Factor" and will go back to making music ... but Spears notes it was a "very difficult decision."

"I had an incredible time doing the show and I love the other judges and I am so proud of my teens but it's time for me to get back in the studio," Spears said.

She continues, "Watching them all do their thing up on that stage every week made me miss performing so much!  I can't wait to get back out there and do what I love most."

Spears would've made $15 million to return to the show next season ... but it's not like she'll be hurting for cash. She's currently working on her 8th album and is in serious talks to headline a show in Vegas.

Pudding Tang

Well yes, decisions like this are usually very hard to make for the brainless.

Krystal_OFWGKTA

britney Is my N I g g a

Lindsay Lohan Fan Forever

Great decision. No more suffering this awful show for me.

A1Commenter

A nice move so that X Factor didn't have to fire her. Everyone saves face and it will likely improve the show if they can get someone to actually critique. And Britney was really looking her age on that show. Girl is not aging well.

Kelly

Which genius decided to make 2 Britney headlines out of 1 story?

beeeeppppp

All the luck for britney. stay well

Patti

Can't believe for a minute anyone in Vegas would pay good money to see her. She can't sing and she can't sing live. OMG, Vegas is getting desparate.

DaveT

All part of the plan, Stan ;)

Joe

Stop lying Britney.. your daddy and fiance made the decision for you. You cannot make any yourself other than what cheesypoofs to eat, and be careful they don't control that.

Joe

FIRE KING KONG!!!

Max

It was very difficult up to the point they said they didn't want your sourpuss-no talent-skankitude ass on the set anymore. You added NOTHING to the show. Have to fess up and say I wasn't a Demi fan before but she's really impressed me.

Lindy

We all know that Simon was ready to fire her...the less said from her the better and good luck in Vegas Britney.

hollymagagi

I bet she smells like shamu's urine

imafilmcritic

Won't miss her say-nothing one-sentence critiques.

Sylvixen

She was going to get fired anyway from being too boring !!! No big lost she sucks anyway , I can believe this auto tuned bitch still has a career !!! Smfh

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments