Lindsay Lohan

'Canyons' Article Was

Pretty Accurate

1/11/2013 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0110-tmz-lindsay-lohan-canyons

Lindsay Lohan admits ... she was a bit of a pain in the ass on the set of "The Canyons" ... but she's adamant she did NOT drink and drive.

Sources close to the actress tell TMZ ... Lohan is well aware of the article published in the New York Times chronicling the madness that went down during the production of the movie.

Lohan is telling friends ... most of the stories in the article are TRUE -- she was late a few times, she was nervous about getting naked and she argued with producers ... but LiLo says stuff like that happens all the time on movie sets, so it's no big deal.

But we're told Lindsay says the allegations that she boozed on set and got behind the wheel of a car afterward are totally bogus. She claims she's not that stupid and irresponsible.

When there WAS booze on the set, sources close to Lohan say it was provided by the director Paul Schrader -- who would often pour vodka shots for the crew at the end of a shooting day. Lindsay swears she didn't partake in the alcoholic festivities.

In the end, Lindsay says she's not mad about the article -- and still has a good relationship with everyone she worked with, including producers, co-stars and even the director -- who she claims has already approached her about a new project.

The feeling's mutual for 'Canyons' producer Braxton Pope -- who called TMZ Live yesterday, and did verbal backflips to say how "excellent" Lindsay was ... and claimed the benefits of having her in the film "far outweighed" the challenges.

011013_canyons_braxton_launch

Jody

After reading the article I hate Lohan even more. This bitch is used to getting what she wants and has a willing accomplice in her own mother…..which is why Lindsay is the way she is today.

The whole jumping out of the car and leaving the assigned driver behind would have made me punch the bitch if I had been the director.

themare

"The first child of a drug-abusing, felonious stock trader and a failed dancer..."

My favorite line in the whole 11 page article. I only wish Dina was mentioned as lying about being a Rockette.

seamus

@ Sam
I cannot speak for everyone here only me- but in reference that Lindsay gest me upset and causes me pain-nothing could be further from the truth. I have said here many times that I have no life. I enjoy this-if Bitcho cleaned up her act tommorrow I would move onto something or someone else. I may sound outraged and mad as hell but Bitcho has nothing to do with my life and most likely never will. I also like reading and commenting on legal issue since I work in that field. I know you like to be contrary -so do I and I thank you for keeping me on my toes-your posts are fun and intelligent. Thank you but Lindsay is not my entire life-just a interesting hobby.At my age commenting on TMZ is just about as much excitment as I can take.

Lena

Who was the guy with the presents?

janet

Lohan knows she can't spin these reports. So she has to half ass say it's true. From SNL right through SM5. Lohans same old crap. She's not on good terms with anyone, you don't pull all her kind of BS and make friends.

Of course the producers are going to try and turn this around to save the movie. Nothing more.

ilovegossip

richardwww

The FACT is, this reporter saw Lindsay drink and drive.

ilovegossip

Lindsay is now hired for the publicity she brings to a project and nothing else. She is not hired for her talent. This is evidenced by Liz and Dick AND the Canyons.

seamus

I doubt this movie will be that good. Not because of the low budget or Bitcho but because Bret Easton Ellis is a sucky writer. Anything he has written sucks.So I do not think this independent movie will come together and I don't think it will be a cult favorite either. It ain't no Rocky Horror Picture Show. No midnight screenings of this load of crap.

ilovegossip

LOL... this is a post left on the Canyon's facebook page:

Al Muhammad
Do you have Middle East distribution? For my friends seven or eight figures USD$ is no problem. But they will insist on meeting the cast, for gift-giving.

anony

DO YOU THINK THAT ARTICLE WILL MAKE ANYONE WANT TO WORK WITH HER?

Its Nikki Bitches

Lindsay keeps begging for more work … but then when she gets it, she doesn’t take it seriously.

odie

So everything in the NY Times article was accurate EXCEPT the part where she sped off in her porshe after drinking? And her conduct on this movie should be chalked up to normal everyday shyt that just happens? Yeah... right. Here's what I got from the article. 1. Borderline Cackie lied(surprise!) in all of her interviews when she said she would prove that she is reliable to directors/producers. If the director has to play games with Borderline Crackie like firing her to humiliate her enough to come crying at his hotel door begging for her job back, she's still the same fvck up she's always been. 2. Borderline Crackie is still self medicating with etoh/drugs and it is efffecting her work as an "actress". Not withstanding the director sensing she NEEDED and then quietly OFFERED a driver for her after she boozed it up on set(which, of course,she turned down), there were 2 OTHER incidents where her etoh/drug problem affected this "movie". She was stumbling around giggling missing her mark and mangling her lines that they had to switch to hand held cameras which cost the production more time and money. Then she's out all night partying until 30 minutes before she was due at the set and then was too "sick" to work for the day. Keeping in mind this was a 2 week shoot on a string budget, can you imagine how this would translate to a big blockbuster movie shot over a few months? 3. She is not professional(surprise!) as she's backstabbing EVERYONE involved in her LIZ movie-a movie role she harassed and stalked the director and producer for. What a conceited c.u.n.t-or in other words, a etoh/drug addicted Borderline Crackie. That's what she is and that's what she does.

Michelle17

Well at least she admitted to most of the story.

Celeb Gossip Maven

For once I wish these people who hire her (and have to deal with all of her psycho b.s.) would just cut the crap and PUBLICALLY say that Lindsey sucks.

No one believes "the benefits outweigh the challenges" with this girl...thats hilarious.

LLsez

Dina Lohan @dinalohan
@theellenshow @bwalters @rosieodonnel @mattlauer @jspringer @janefonda @chelseahandler @gavindoyle @harveylevintmz @merylstreep @woodyallen @drphil @tinafey @barackobama CALL ME!!!!!