Quentin Tarantino

Explodes on Reporter

Don't Ask Me About Movie Violence!!!

1/11/2013 8:37 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Quentin Tarantino says he's sick and tired of talking about the connection between movie violence and real violence ... and ERUPTED on a British news reporter who asked about it during an interview about "Django Unchained."

Tarantino was sitting down with Krishnan Guru-Murthy -- a self-proclaimed "fan" of Q's movies -- when he asked, "Why are you so sure that there's no link between enjoying movie violence and enjoying real violence?"

A flustered Tarantino replied,  "Don't ask me a question like that ... I'm not biting ... I refuse your question."

When Guru-Murthy asked "why" ... Q explained, "Because I refuse your question. I'm not your slave and you're not my master. You can't make me dance to your tune. I'm not a monkey."

Quentin explained that the interview was supposed to be a "commercial" for his movie -- and he has no obligation to explore the topic of real-life violence.

KGM shot back -- "Well, look ... this is a news program, not a film program, so we explore serious themes."

The two went back and forth in a pretty heated exchange for several minutes.

Eventually, KGM was able to shift topics ... and QT continued like the awkward argument never happened.

hollymagagi

What a man-baby, ugly-face he is.

Douglas

Douglas 'QT's" movies are frequently pulp crap, but he is 100% right, he HAS brought rascism to the discussion on public higher and more actively than Rodney King or OJ. Good for QT.

tleeg

Thank you fixing that typo at the end TMZ.....but youre still a bunch of morons.

Sally

Most news reporters have no common sense and are normally concentrating on headlines. I am embarrassed for most news reporters.

anony

EVERY TIME THEY ASK THIS, HE SHOULD SAY "IT'S ALL CAUSED BY VIDEO GAMES."

JulesinSD

He should have asked him about his toe sucking fetish, and his teeny, tiny, nubby little package. What a TOOL this little pervert is.

Cran

Quentin does not want the subject brought up because his movies may be some of the most twisted and violent. That said, what you watch and process is up to you. He doesn't want to defend his decisions but I think it is because he knows he takes it to the edge. That is his style and genre.

gwen01

wow, clearly Quentin's evasion of the question is in reality showing a man who is not going to justify the violence in his movies because he knows that violence sells and he makes great money with the use of over the top violence. He wouldn't answer the question because the answer would be..I don't care about how my violent films affect those who have been victims of those who are sick enough to copy cat scenes from my movies because if I was to care it would cost me money and my income is mnore important to me than justifying the impact my movies have on those who are so mentally unstable that they get off on what I show them.

elysummers

T is right. Everyone should be writing letters to the studios or not going to see movies with gratuitus violence. Too bad, because some of these movies would actually be better with less violence.

Mrmaterial

wow....Drugs....QT's is on drugs.

Derek

So glad that QT held his ground. Well done!! owned

Blue Lake

He is a psycho. I refuse to see this movie. He's yesterday's news.

Tim

Speaking as a TV news producer, Tarantino can go f*** himself.
I'm sure he's used to the sycophantic a**-kissers at ET, Access and Extra etc. bowing before him, but if you're giong to talk to a real journalist, expect real questions, D-bag.

NOT ELMO

Me does NOT like his movies...

BB not bb

QT is a little too smart for that propagnada spewing interviewer. That was a terrible interview. It was basically a little nerd taunting QT with whether or not he was pc enough.

Does violence beget violence? If it does, then the little nerd would say that QT is responsible for people being violent. It was just a set up type question that QT refused to answer.

QT says what he has to say in his movies. It is not his job to provide sociolgoical analysis of them.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments