Quentin Tarantino

Explodes on Reporter

Don't Ask Me About Movie Violence!!!

1/11/2013 8:37 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Quentin Tarantino says he's sick and tired of talking about the connection between movie violence and real violence ... and ERUPTED on a British news reporter who asked about it during an interview about "Django Unchained."

Tarantino was sitting down with Krishnan Guru-Murthy -- a self-proclaimed "fan" of Q's movies -- when he asked, "Why are you so sure that there's no link between enjoying movie violence and enjoying real violence?"

A flustered Tarantino replied,  "Don't ask me a question like that ... I'm not biting ... I refuse your question."

When Guru-Murthy asked "why" ... Q explained, "Because I refuse your question. I'm not your slave and you're not my master. You can't make me dance to your tune. I'm not a monkey."

Quentin explained that the interview was supposed to be a "commercial" for his movie -- and he has no obligation to explore the topic of real-life violence.

KGM shot back -- "Well, look ... this is a news program, not a film program, so we explore serious themes."

The two went back and forth in a pretty heated exchange for several minutes.

Eventually, KGM was able to shift topics ... and QT continued like the awkward argument never happened.

BB not bb

I don't like violent movies. I have only seen one of his movies. I might have tried to watch a couple more and couldn't get interested in them. I still think he has the right to express himself as an artist without him being the called the reason the president is upset about violence.

The interviewer had a bizarre attitude and QT wasn't about to be suckered in by his weirdeness. QT is his own kind of weird.

He could have put the reporter on trial himself. Like doesn't always talking about violence on the news promote violence? That is the real world so people might think it is more normal than hearing it in a movie.

Lucky_130

Hilarious. We all should know by know that QT is just a little crazy, but thats why people love him and his violent movies.

Donovan

Quentin was either on something or he's just a major egotistical prick, but that was out of control and I think the guy asking the question was a solid professional in how he handled Quentin's ridiculous rage.

amy

Spike ir right. media has power. This django director has skirted his social responsibities.

Tracey

Because NORMAL people know the difference between Fantasy and reality. DERRRR

JP

QT is such a drama queen PU$$Y

devonna82

Qt he probably refused because everyone thinks his movies are the cause of violence and he's not just like he explained on the jay leno show, he said that's just people with mental health issues Qt said, and if you are a fan you know his movies have violence and I am a fan of his movies kill bill 1 and 2 keep up the good work Qt

Steve

It really pisses me off when stars do interviews for the sole purpose of promoting their movies to make lots of money, yet when they are asked relevant questions about the movie or its topics they decide they are not going to answer.

If I was an interviewer with Tarantino I would of kicked his ass off the show, right there and then.

Just another example of why the world think Americans are arrogant asses...

Steve

Just another example of why the world think Americans are arrogant asses...

Malcolm

Seeing as how this isn't a kids movie why would it matter what children thought on it if they shouldn't be watching it.....

kat

Every time there's a violent crime envolving kids the media tries to blame people like Tarantino. Why don't they look to themselves, I've learned more about violence and death from news outlets than I ever have from any movie.

Adrian Sloan

I have seen violence since I was like 6. And I have seen violence in my teens and throughout my adulthood, I have enjoyed extremely violent movies and in particular Tarantino's films and yet; I have never been a violent person nor I have ever been induced to commit any violent actions against others (being animal or human). I have said it all along, is not what you SEE is what you have been taught at home what makes you the person you are today, it is either you embracing the love you received as a child or rejecting the opposite.

GjF3

I thought that was funny. Makes me like QT even more.

kathy

Q explained, "Because I refuse your question. I'm not your slave and you're not my master. Isn't that what his new movie is about slavery? So is that the new answer for every old white actor? Throw slavery up and hope all goes away. Another idiot I wont waste my money on..

backfire

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE QUENTIN TARANTINO THE MOST INVENTIVE CREATIVE BALSY DIRECTOR IN HOLLYWOOD.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments