Sharon Osbourne

RIPS Lady Gaga

You're a Hypocritical Attention Whore

1/11/2013 6:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0110_osbournes_gaga_02

Sharon Osbourne has officially joined her daughter's feud with Lady Gaga ... firing off a letter to the pop star calling her a hypocritical JERK who encourages her fans to harass her daughter Kelly.

Osbourne is responding to a letter Gaga wrote to Kelly Osbourne and posted on her official website ... in which LG blasted Kelly as a "bully" who unfairly picks on celebrities on her TV show "Fashion Police."

Gaga said she's disgusted that Kelly and Joan Rivers constantly make "jokes about artists and celebrities as if we are zoo animals."

Sharon says Gaga's fans have been waging a campaign of online terror against the Osbournes thanks to Gaga's criticism of the show. Sharon claims some of the singer's fans have even made death threats to Kelly.

Now, in her letter to Gaga ... obtained by TMZ ... Sharon demands Gaga instruct her fans to stop the harassment ASAP.

Osbourne writes, "A word from you would stop all this hideous, negative and vile threats from your 'little monsters.'"

Sharon also writes, "You say [Kelly's] work on E! with the Fashion Police is 'rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people’s beauty against one another.' Welcome to the real world."

She continues, "By your actions to Kelly right now, you have shown me that you are nothing more than a publicity seeking hypocrite and an attention seeker."

"You know it would have been much more dignified of you to do this privately. I am calling you a bully because you have 32 million followers hanging on your every word and you are criticizing Kelly in your open letter.  Are you so desperate that you needed to make this public?"

There's more ... check out Sharon's entire letter after the jump ...

SHARON'S LETTER TO LADY GAGA:

Ms. Gaga

I am responding to your open letter to my daughter Kelly and I m perplexed as to why you would go public with an open letter.  Regarding this current situation; Kelly didn’t contact you, I was the one that contacted your manager today and the email is attached below for your reference.

I reached out to him as Kelly’s  manager and mother to ask him if you could address your “little monster” fans and stop them from writing libelous, slanderous and vile comments about my family including death threats to Kelly.   Your open letter is hypocritical and full of contradictions.   And as your mother Cynthia supports you, I support my daughter Kelly.  I must say your opinions on what is politically correct and acceptable totally differ from mine, but that is what makes the world so
interesting… we are all different.  How sweet that you have empathy for my daughter as you feel that she has taken a less passionate path in life.  You say her work on E! with the Fashion Police is “rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people’s beauty against one another.”

Welcome to the real world.

Example, when I saw you wear a dress made out of raw meat, I was sickened.  When I see you wearing fur and you use it as a fashion statement, that defenseless animals have been killed so you can get your picture in the press is abhorrent to me. Shouldn’t you be teaching your “little monster” fans to respect animals and life? I don’t feel I have to justify Kelly’s choices in life to you.

By your actions to Kelly right now, you have shown me that you are nothing more than a publicly seeking hypocrite and an attention seeker. You know it would have been much more dignified of you to do this privately. I am calling you a bully because you have 32 million followers hanging on your every word and you are criticizing Kelly in your open letter.  Are you so desperate that you needed
to make this public?

You state “Everyday, through my music and public voice I choose to be positive and work towards a kinder and braver world with our community of followers.” Well this obviously is not translating well to your fans as a large portion of them, not only have been vile to Kelly but also other celebrities such as Madonna, Adele and Rihanna. “You say a kinder, braver world” I don’t know what world you live in but supporting disgraceful fan comments doesn’t fall under the words “kinder and braver” it comes under the heading of bullsh*t.

In closing, stop wearing fur, stop looking for publicity and stop using your fans to belittle not just Kelly but an endless stream of celebrities.  A word from you would stop all this hideous, negative and vile threats from your “little monsters.” Let me know if you want to continue this debate. I’m an open playing field for you my darling.

Sincerely,
Sharon Osbourne
1/10/13
3:39 pm

Jmonster

Sharon is really stupid. And so is her mother. She calls gaga an attention seeker when they're the ones who are making a big deal out of it. They think they're getting bullied when the celebrity they're making fun of fights back? Haha they need to wake up because their stupidity won't get them far.

USArmy

Pot calling the kettle black!

Liz

On Fashion Police Kelly is the nicest one of the show, and many times she has spoken highly of Lady Gaga. Kelly had to grow up with a camera in her face and I think she has turned out great considering where she came from. She looks great, is clean and sober. How many other women her age can say the same thing. Remember when Gaga smoked weed on stage? Gaga needs to realize (as Sharon said) her fans hang on every word and action she does. While I was never a fan of her music, I liked her stance on anti-bullying and helping LGBT youth. But all of a sudden she started going down hill and disrespecting so many people. If she wouldn't of dressed the way she did when she first came out, she would of just been another sub par singer trying to make it.

amy

Why is Sharon changing the subject from compassion for her daughter to compassion for animals so readily?

BB not bb

Lady Gaga is a nitwit and her fans must be totally psycho. She is picking on all the celebrities who are competition for her. The singers she attacks all have style and class, which she lacks.

I don't watch Fashion Police but I read the fashion criticisms in the tabloids. Big deal. People make jokes about how others dress. If you don't like it, don't read it or watch it.

Gaga is dressed in poor taste so much, she must be on their criticism lists alot. If she is so cool about accepting herself, then why does she care if other people knock it? She is a phony and a hypocrite, I agree.

longagain

Good for Gaga. Kelly, Joan and her daughter are some of the most trashiest people on television. About time someone called them out. Funny how they can dish but can't take it.

And by the way, Kelly is a fat, obscene, foul mouthed, drug addict, whore. She created it, so own it.

CaliWriter

Thank You Sharon Osbourne, Gaga IS a hypocrite and just using fans to do her bidding most times, Fans that can be overbearing, tackless and downright rude/nasty but she supports speaking your mind. So do, but being an adult means you know when to not say anything at all, most of her fans start things and threaten people and think it's funny because they are saying what's on their mind. To Dee, Fur....what about the stupid meat dress, Sharon was right, attention seeking, always, that's all it's about.

Momo

As Americans mostly eat lots of tasty red meat and wear fur, since the beginning of time, I am wondering why Sharon has decided to alienate those of us who are fans of Ozzy, who supports his family and no doubt has opened many doors for his family members.....why would you offend me , a lifelong Ozzy fan, hunter, trapper & Ribeye steak lover? .....and I think all you psychotically personality deficient broads woulda been better off staying home and keeping your mouth shut, in the kitchen preferably !!

BB not bb

Here is the thing. Joan Rivers makes me laugh and The Osbornes was a very funny show. Gaga wants to censor and ruin all that because it is not her taste. Well guess what, her act is not my taste. Are people telling her to shut up and dress better and stop being so sleazy? She is free to be offensive in her way, so why can't people who like to make jokes about it do their thing?

All of this anit-bullying PC garbage ends up being more bullying than anything. I really don't think that comedy is bullying. Maybe some people have to step off the pedestals they think they live on.

Momo

I love red meat, fishing, hunting, trapping & Ozzy Ozzbourne......so all you psycho broads can shut it.... ....you are celebrities for having no talent whatsoever, we could care less what your politics are!

KimBegone

Lady Gaga has no right to judge anyone when you consider her own actions. http://gagacheat.blogspot.ca/2013/01/open-letter-to-kelly-osbourne-from.html#.UPCeOGewWSr

Tee

While I find the osbournes plain gross, nowhere did I read that Sharon called Gaga "an attention whore". One day tmz one of these people are gonna tear your little inaccurate, sensation-seeking, illiterat site down.

Lala00

I was on Gaga's side, but Sharon is right, and it was well said.

krxa

I watch Fashion Police now and then, and Giuliana is the nicest then Kelly next. Joan Rivers is the one dishing out the celebs. So why do LGG need to address Kelly and not Joan instead?

Paulina1982

I'm with Sharon on this 1 GaGa is Judging. Kelly for Judging others..?