Sharon Osbourne

RIPS Lady Gaga

You're a Hypocritical Attention Whore

1/11/2013 6:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0110_osbournes_gaga_02

Sharon Osbourne has officially joined her daughter's feud with Lady Gaga ... firing off a letter to the pop star calling her a hypocritical JERK who encourages her fans to harass her daughter Kelly.

Osbourne is responding to a letter Gaga wrote to Kelly Osbourne and posted on her official website ... in which LG blasted Kelly as a "bully" who unfairly picks on celebrities on her TV show "Fashion Police."

Gaga said she's disgusted that Kelly and Joan Rivers constantly make "jokes about artists and celebrities as if we are zoo animals."

Sharon says Gaga's fans have been waging a campaign of online terror against the Osbournes thanks to Gaga's criticism of the show. Sharon claims some of the singer's fans have even made death threats to Kelly.

Now, in her letter to Gaga ... obtained by TMZ ... Sharon demands Gaga instruct her fans to stop the harassment ASAP.

Osbourne writes, "A word from you would stop all this hideous, negative and vile threats from your 'little monsters.'"

Sharon also writes, "You say [Kelly's] work on E! with the Fashion Police is 'rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people’s beauty against one another.' Welcome to the real world."

She continues, "By your actions to Kelly right now, you have shown me that you are nothing more than a publicity seeking hypocrite and an attention seeker."

"You know it would have been much more dignified of you to do this privately. I am calling you a bully because you have 32 million followers hanging on your every word and you are criticizing Kelly in your open letter.  Are you so desperate that you needed to make this public?"

There's more ... check out Sharon's entire letter after the jump ...

SHARON'S LETTER TO LADY GAGA:

Ms. Gaga

I am responding to your open letter to my daughter Kelly and I m perplexed as to why you would go public with an open letter.  Regarding this current situation; Kelly didn’t contact you, I was the one that contacted your manager today and the email is attached below for your reference.

I reached out to him as Kelly’s  manager and mother to ask him if you could address your “little monster” fans and stop them from writing libelous, slanderous and vile comments about my family including death threats to Kelly.   Your open letter is hypocritical and full of contradictions.   And as your mother Cynthia supports you, I support my daughter Kelly.  I must say your opinions on what is politically correct and acceptable totally differ from mine, but that is what makes the world so
interesting… we are all different.  How sweet that you have empathy for my daughter as you feel that she has taken a less passionate path in life.  You say her work on E! with the Fashion Police is “rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people’s beauty against one another.”

Welcome to the real world.

Example, when I saw you wear a dress made out of raw meat, I was sickened.  When I see you wearing fur and you use it as a fashion statement, that defenseless animals have been killed so you can get your picture in the press is abhorrent to me. Shouldn’t you be teaching your “little monster” fans to respect animals and life? I don’t feel I have to justify Kelly’s choices in life to you.

By your actions to Kelly right now, you have shown me that you are nothing more than a publicly seeking hypocrite and an attention seeker. You know it would have been much more dignified of you to do this privately. I am calling you a bully because you have 32 million followers hanging on your every word and you are criticizing Kelly in your open letter.  Are you so desperate that you needed
to make this public?

You state “Everyday, through my music and public voice I choose to be positive and work towards a kinder and braver world with our community of followers.” Well this obviously is not translating well to your fans as a large portion of them, not only have been vile to Kelly but also other celebrities such as Madonna, Adele and Rihanna. “You say a kinder, braver world” I don’t know what world you live in but supporting disgraceful fan comments doesn’t fall under the words “kinder and braver” it comes under the heading of bullsh*t.

In closing, stop wearing fur, stop looking for publicity and stop using your fans to belittle not just Kelly but an endless stream of celebrities.  A word from you would stop all this hideous, negative and vile threats from your “little monsters.” Let me know if you want to continue this debate. I’m an open playing field for you my darling.

Sincerely,
Sharon Osbourne
1/10/13
3:39 pm

Calin

Get a life people who gives a damn

DJ K-Lee

First, YOU GO SHARON!!!!!! Never mess with someone's child, pretty stupid move. I truly believe that Lady Gaga did this for the publicity. She hit the industry hard and fast with many songs but then came to a dead stop. This was one way to get everyone's attention. Lady Gaga is playing the victim of a bully when in fact she is the real bully. Sharon and Kelly, you gals are great and please don't stoop to LG's level.

HillbillyHell

Wait....Lady Gaga is an attention whore!?!? Are you sure?

Karen12

I am so sick of Sharon Osborne. Her daughter is hardly an angel, yet she takes up for her. Kelly is grown. If she's going to run her mouth and get into arguments with people, she should fight her own battles. Sharon Osborne needs to sit down and be quiet.

Jay W.

Let's all hope they kiss and make up.

TNT

I could care less about Ugly Gaga but it's so ironic for Sharon Osbourne to call her an attention seeker. Lets see Osbourne has done a reality show, is on The Talk, and was on America's Got Talent. Yeah, Sharon take a look in the mirror because you are just as bad. Plus Kelly is just nasty. How about you both go away?

GOLLY

I'm against bullying, and if your aren't, I'm going to bully you until you are.

Isn't this the way it really is?

jaye

Not a fan of either of them, but GaGa was right and S. Osborne need to let her GROWN daughter handle her own messes. I don't think anyone with a mind can blame GaGa for what her fans do. She can tell them day and night not to bully, but people will do what they want. She isn't God, not even their god. Sharon herself is an attention whore. All those words to say say something she could have said in two short paragraphs. If she wanted the conversation to be PRIVATE, she could have contacted GaGa privately. It works both ways. Frankly, they can keep this entertaining s.hit up as long as they want. Celebrities acting like bad a.ssed children, always a treat.

liliroom

Kelly Osborne is a nobody. The only way for her to be in the news was to pick on someone famous.

aj

Sharon,

How childish of you to fight your daughters battles. I have heard you laugh at other people and their looks. You are the bully!!!!

Damein

Dear Sharon, why didnt you raise Kelly to get a real job ?

Diamond Goddess!

Gaga is over.
People are tired of her schtick and songs that all sound the same, already!
I love Sharon.

Susan Jacobson

I guess when you look at this from both sides, they are trying to use their fame to get messages out to people, their fan base. The problem I have with some of what we see is that they talk a good talk, have great platforms and work for charities, but is it just show? While I have read many comments in regards to these individuals taking this to a private setting, maybe some of this needs to be in an open forum. I say this because the world has problems due to the people in it, what they stand for, what they put up with, what they want to change for the better for the entire world, but do they live by what they say? I can identify with Sharon in one aspect... that being a mother, I have 3 grown daughters and would have written something close to what she has done here as well. As I am sure most mothers would.With this in mind though, both Sharon's daughter CHOSE a job that entitles her to put others down. Sharon, you can choose to defend your daughter, but she did choose this work, I would have thought that she would not have done so, reason being that she was not always skinny or great looking by Hollywoods standards as per your line to Gaga, " Get over it". As for Lady Gaga, please don't sit and claim to be for a world with love and good will towards others while wearing anything that had to do with killing or harming anyone or any animal, not only is it counter productive, but is absolutely the problem to begin with, it makes you part of the problem. Love will always win over hate, and look what hate has done to our world.

Larry

Lady Gag Gag still has fans...WOW!!!!!

BeeBee

Thank you Kelly and Sharon Osbourne for Finally saying what needs to be said in the celebrity sphere. Monsters truly are the most vicious trolls on the internet, always harassing other celebrities and their fans on social networks. Youtube music video comments are the worst with Gaga's Monsters constantly attacking. It's disgusting.

The fact is Gaga revels in this behavior. It's actually instigated by her because she creates the foundation for the arguments among fans. I honestly don't remember fans being at each others throats before Gaga came along.

Here's how she does it. She copies another artist (lets say like Madonna for instance), and starts the ball rolling because fans will naturally say "What?... she copied", then the Monsters will be on the rebound and defend her. Then the argument ensues and Gaga's attention goes through the roof - that's what creating controversy is all about. This is a natural progression of events and Gaga's actions are the catalyst, and purposefully done. This is actually what got her to rise to status so quickly by purposely creating the controversy and comparison for fame. All she wants is fame. She is hungry for it.

I mean just look at one of her more recent tweets - “If only Fame came in IV form could I bare being away from you. I live for the way that you cheer and scream for me. The Applause.”

Gaga is a hypocrite. She has created the situation, and the anti-bullying is another Good PR gimmick. It's pretty sad.