Sharon Osbourne

RIPS Lady Gaga

You're a Hypocritical Attention Whore

1/11/2013 6:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0110_osbournes_gaga_02

Sharon Osbourne has officially joined her daughter's feud with Lady Gaga ... firing off a letter to the pop star calling her a hypocritical JERK who encourages her fans to harass her daughter Kelly.

Osbourne is responding to a letter Gaga wrote to Kelly Osbourne and posted on her official website ... in which LG blasted Kelly as a "bully" who unfairly picks on celebrities on her TV show "Fashion Police."

Gaga said she's disgusted that Kelly and Joan Rivers constantly make "jokes about artists and celebrities as if we are zoo animals."

Sharon says Gaga's fans have been waging a campaign of online terror against the Osbournes thanks to Gaga's criticism of the show. Sharon claims some of the singer's fans have even made death threats to Kelly.

Now, in her letter to Gaga ... obtained by TMZ ... Sharon demands Gaga instruct her fans to stop the harassment ASAP.

Osbourne writes, "A word from you would stop all this hideous, negative and vile threats from your 'little monsters.'"

Sharon also writes, "You say [Kelly's] work on E! with the Fashion Police is 'rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people’s beauty against one another.' Welcome to the real world."

She continues, "By your actions to Kelly right now, you have shown me that you are nothing more than a publicity seeking hypocrite and an attention seeker."

"You know it would have been much more dignified of you to do this privately. I am calling you a bully because you have 32 million followers hanging on your every word and you are criticizing Kelly in your open letter.  Are you so desperate that you needed to make this public?"

There's more ... check out Sharon's entire letter after the jump ...

SHARON'S LETTER TO LADY GAGA:

Ms. Gaga

I am responding to your open letter to my daughter Kelly and I m perplexed as to why you would go public with an open letter.  Regarding this current situation; Kelly didn’t contact you, I was the one that contacted your manager today and the email is attached below for your reference.

I reached out to him as Kelly’s  manager and mother to ask him if you could address your “little monster” fans and stop them from writing libelous, slanderous and vile comments about my family including death threats to Kelly.   Your open letter is hypocritical and full of contradictions.   And as your mother Cynthia supports you, I support my daughter Kelly.  I must say your opinions on what is politically correct and acceptable totally differ from mine, but that is what makes the world so
interesting… we are all different.  How sweet that you have empathy for my daughter as you feel that she has taken a less passionate path in life.  You say her work on E! with the Fashion Police is “rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people’s beauty against one another.”

Welcome to the real world.

Example, when I saw you wear a dress made out of raw meat, I was sickened.  When I see you wearing fur and you use it as a fashion statement, that defenseless animals have been killed so you can get your picture in the press is abhorrent to me. Shouldn’t you be teaching your “little monster” fans to respect animals and life? I don’t feel I have to justify Kelly’s choices in life to you.

By your actions to Kelly right now, you have shown me that you are nothing more than a publicly seeking hypocrite and an attention seeker. You know it would have been much more dignified of you to do this privately. I am calling you a bully because you have 32 million followers hanging on your every word and you are criticizing Kelly in your open letter.  Are you so desperate that you needed
to make this public?

You state “Everyday, through my music and public voice I choose to be positive and work towards a kinder and braver world with our community of followers.” Well this obviously is not translating well to your fans as a large portion of them, not only have been vile to Kelly but also other celebrities such as Madonna, Adele and Rihanna. “You say a kinder, braver world” I don’t know what world you live in but supporting disgraceful fan comments doesn’t fall under the words “kinder and braver” it comes under the heading of bullsh*t.

In closing, stop wearing fur, stop looking for publicity and stop using your fans to belittle not just Kelly but an endless stream of celebrities.  A word from you would stop all this hideous, negative and vile threats from your “little monsters.” Let me know if you want to continue this debate. I’m an open playing field for you my darling.

Sincerely,
Sharon Osbourne
1/10/13
3:39 pm

BeeBee

So Lady Gaga basically want to Censor people sharing their opinions like on shows like Fashion Police because of her personal ideologies. Get over yourself Gaga, we don't want to live in your version of the world. Clean up your own back yard with the Bully Monsters you purposely created to do your dirty work tearing down other famous people while they worship you as a god.

jane

Fat Kelly has her Mommy come out and defend her. Self-rightous Kelly Osburne. She's still Fat, and ugly, who is she to criticize. And HOW embarrassing that Her mom, has to come in and defend her. What a freakin idiot. No one critasizes My Daughter!!...Kelly is a pig who's well-known for nothing, and going on and on about her new body, she has the confidence now to be critical of others?...What a Fat Joke, Just like her Mum.

starleigh

Thanks to Sharon for putting this bitch on blast. And to anyone saying Kelly has her mom fighting her battles, I doubt she asked her mom to do this, but what mother would let someone criticize their child regardless the age? And Kelly didn't start the feud by attacking Gaga, she just commented on how Gaga's fans bullied her, that's it. This just makes Gaga look even more ridiculous, because if she actually watched the show, Kelly is nice, Joan is the one who blasts celebrities.

5Louie

Fu$$ the osbournes. They suck the free ride is over get real jobs u freeloading a$$wipes.

BB not bb

Joan Rivers is not a bully. She makes fun of herself as much as anyone. She is about humor, which some people have no sense of. How funny is it that a lady called Gaga appeals to a bunch of babies?

Kelly is hardly a bully. She is just a unique person who tries to stand up for herself. If she gives her opinions, so what? Isn't fashion supposed to be fun and a matter of taste? Are they mocking poor people for not being able to spend thousands on dresses made out of ham?

I am so sick of people trying to shut up their rivals by calling them bullies. That is like playing the race card. It is just a matter of opinion, which everyone is entitled to.

Gaga is really no saint and no example of how to treat other people. She is barely tolerable as a singer but her stage act is like seeing the gates of hell open.

Is she supposed to be a singer or the leader of a cultural movement? She better stick to the one she has half a chance in.

renae

People keep saying that any mother that cared about her children would do what Sharon did....not true. Maybe Sharon could advised her daughter how to handle the situation but taking the reigns and leading the battle crosses the line. She did it with her boy and now she's doing the same with her daughter. No one can control what anyone says on social media (unfortunately at times) so demanding Gaga tells her "fans" to stop probably will do little to quiet the noise. After all , who threatens someone's life?

Funny because there is another mother to "celebs" that seems to be overly involved with her grown children's personal and professional lives except she gets NONE of this overwhelming support. In fact she's ridiculed. Behold, it's Kris Jenner, mother to the Kardashian clan whose most famous daughter happens to be a friend to Kelly O. Excluding a sex tape, these two families seem to share similarities. Both families rode of the coat tails of the father , both have no discernible talent, both do Reality TV.

But I guess because the target of Sharon's letter is Gaga who is simultaneously popular and hated the similarities are overlooked.

bytheway

There's room in this world for all types of celebrities. Let's keep it civilized and realize that by cutting eachother down, one diminishes the respect for the entire industry. Lady Gaga has a great voice and talent, this tit for tat is unnecessary. The Osbourne family, though I do not know much about them, may have their own accolades, would also benefit from letting this issue air out. In a world where serious crisis has affected many, natural disasters, the recent tragedy in Ct., etc, should we really be nit picking over another's opinion. Both sides, lighten up, when you look back in months or years from now, this issue won't matter.

BB not bb

When you see Kelly you are like wow, where did she come from, because she is so unique. Her humor, her style, her sense of herself is all home grown. When you see Gaga, she looks like a rehash and a mish mash of trends and like she is just trying to make a political statement. It is like she is searching for a personality instead of living out one.

People like that are often jealous of people who are able to be themselves. Instead of working out how to be themselves, they just try to tear down others who are themselves. I think it is the height of pettiness and meaness to do that to someone who is just minding their own business.

Gaga is not an inspiration but an instigator. She riles up outcasts to be mean instead of encouraging them to do better and be better people. I think she is a force of social destruction, not the savior of the downtrodden.

Cheri

Kelly is a mean B**** she says really curl things about people all the time. I don't understand why, to me Kelly dresses like a clown she has no style, just look at that pink grey hair. Read Gaga's letter it was the truth. Kelly is an untalented brat.

Susan62509

Interesting that Gaga rips Kelly and not Joan Rivers, Giuliana Rancic or George Kotsiopoulos. If Gaga would have addressed Joan, she would have ripped Gaga a new one just like Sharon Osbourne did. Gaga is wrong by trying to put herself above Kelly because Gaga is no saint herself since Gaga promotes sex, drugs and copies Madonna. Gaga sounds like she's jealous of Kelly Osborne.

CHARLES

ANOTHER WASTE OF TIME. I AM GLAD TO SEE SOMEONE GO AFTER THAN ( FASHION ) POLICE. IT'S TIME FOR THAT SHOW TO GO BY BY....... DUMB GAGA AND PORKY KELLY, NOW HOW TO GET SHARON OFF OF TV ????? THEN WE CAN CLEAN UP THE REST OF THIS CRAP ON TV. WOW WHAT A GREAT IDEA..............

cherryvanilla

I dont blame Sharon for speaking up. She also is an attention seeker and makes her money that way. However I would be more concerned that my little girl looks like a mental patient and has a shocking bizarre appearance and is not even performing! Kelly's appearance is disturbing and desperately seeking attention as well.

BB not bb

When I look at Kelly, I think about it. I think she looks good, bad, cool, interesting, puzzling, whatever. She is instersting. When I look at Gaga I could basically care less. She is just desperately seeking attention and to have a style.

So people can mock Kelly all they want, but I enjoy looking at her no matter what. She just has a mind of her own. If she is chubby or skinny it doesn't matter, that is who she is.

Ozzie X

I see nothing wrong here. They both cancel each other out.

Chad

Can she write a letter to Julie Chen telling her to F off as well. She ruined The Talk by firing Leah and Holly