Sharon Osbourne

RIPS Lady Gaga

You're a Hypocritical Attention Whore

1/11/2013 6:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0110_osbournes_gaga_02

Sharon Osbourne has officially joined her daughter's feud with Lady Gaga ... firing off a letter to the pop star calling her a hypocritical JERK who encourages her fans to harass her daughter Kelly.

Osbourne is responding to a letter Gaga wrote to Kelly Osbourne and posted on her official website ... in which LG blasted Kelly as a "bully" who unfairly picks on celebrities on her TV show "Fashion Police."

Gaga said she's disgusted that Kelly and Joan Rivers constantly make "jokes about artists and celebrities as if we are zoo animals."

Sharon says Gaga's fans have been waging a campaign of online terror against the Osbournes thanks to Gaga's criticism of the show. Sharon claims some of the singer's fans have even made death threats to Kelly.

Now, in her letter to Gaga ... obtained by TMZ ... Sharon demands Gaga instruct her fans to stop the harassment ASAP.

Osbourne writes, "A word from you would stop all this hideous, negative and vile threats from your 'little monsters.'"

Sharon also writes, "You say [Kelly's] work on E! with the Fashion Police is 'rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people’s beauty against one another.' Welcome to the real world."

She continues, "By your actions to Kelly right now, you have shown me that you are nothing more than a publicity seeking hypocrite and an attention seeker."

"You know it would have been much more dignified of you to do this privately. I am calling you a bully because you have 32 million followers hanging on your every word and you are criticizing Kelly in your open letter.  Are you so desperate that you needed to make this public?"

There's more ... check out Sharon's entire letter after the jump ...

SHARON'S LETTER TO LADY GAGA:

Ms. Gaga

I am responding to your open letter to my daughter Kelly and I m perplexed as to why you would go public with an open letter.  Regarding this current situation; Kelly didn’t contact you, I was the one that contacted your manager today and the email is attached below for your reference.

I reached out to him as Kelly’s  manager and mother to ask him if you could address your “little monster” fans and stop them from writing libelous, slanderous and vile comments about my family including death threats to Kelly.   Your open letter is hypocritical and full of contradictions.   And as your mother Cynthia supports you, I support my daughter Kelly.  I must say your opinions on what is politically correct and acceptable totally differ from mine, but that is what makes the world so
interesting… we are all different.  How sweet that you have empathy for my daughter as you feel that she has taken a less passionate path in life.  You say her work on E! with the Fashion Police is “rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people’s beauty against one another.”

Welcome to the real world.

Example, when I saw you wear a dress made out of raw meat, I was sickened.  When I see you wearing fur and you use it as a fashion statement, that defenseless animals have been killed so you can get your picture in the press is abhorrent to me. Shouldn’t you be teaching your “little monster” fans to respect animals and life? I don’t feel I have to justify Kelly’s choices in life to you.

By your actions to Kelly right now, you have shown me that you are nothing more than a publicly seeking hypocrite and an attention seeker. You know it would have been much more dignified of you to do this privately. I am calling you a bully because you have 32 million followers hanging on your every word and you are criticizing Kelly in your open letter.  Are you so desperate that you needed
to make this public?

You state “Everyday, through my music and public voice I choose to be positive and work towards a kinder and braver world with our community of followers.” Well this obviously is not translating well to your fans as a large portion of them, not only have been vile to Kelly but also other celebrities such as Madonna, Adele and Rihanna. “You say a kinder, braver world” I don’t know what world you live in but supporting disgraceful fan comments doesn’t fall under the words “kinder and braver” it comes under the heading of bullsh*t.

In closing, stop wearing fur, stop looking for publicity and stop using your fans to belittle not just Kelly but an endless stream of celebrities.  A word from you would stop all this hideous, negative and vile threats from your “little monsters.” Let me know if you want to continue this debate. I’m an open playing field for you my darling.

Sincerely,
Sharon Osbourne
1/10/13
3:39 pm

spectator72

Like hillbilly's of London

Said "Californy is the place you ought to be"
So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly.

dealwithit

Gaga's self-involved open letter was too pretentious.

dealwithit

LITTLE MONSTERS BULLIED ME. GAGA SAVED MY LIFE. I love you Mommy Monster!!!

Elizabeth Alan

Showing some love for "The Sharon" and her beautiful daughter Kelly. Lady Gag would be the last person one would expect to be throwing fashion insults around considering her wardrobe theatrics.

Michele

First, the animal thing makes me sick. SICK. We have seven animals, and they're all family. Fur isn't fashion and that alone makes Gaga lose credibility with me. The meat thing was disgusting - what was the point of that?

I have to admit, I love The Fashion Police. No one is funnier than Joan, and both me and my husband laugh like hell every week with her comments. I don't care about the fashion as much as her being so funny. She could be doing a tool show and I'd watch.

But Kelly in particular is always very sweet on that show. Also, she's the most positive (I think) often saying she likes this or that when I think it's awful. And when she has negative things to say about someone's get up, she's always very sweet.

Gaga has a point in that it's mean to criticize others, but lots of celebs go on the show and take it with a grain of salt. And if Gaga was so upset, why didn't she take it up with Joan? She's the mastermind behind the whole thing. Or why didn't she approach Kelly privately, if they were friends? Now it's become this public spectacle, which has exploded.

Another thing, they are celebrities. They go out there to be put on parade. By the mere fact that they do this, people are going to judge. If they don't want to be judged, get out of that business or don't parade around on the red carpet. And some of them really do look unbelievably bad and they're screaming for attention.

One thing, though, I think Sharon should have stayed out of it. I know she has all the power, but Kelly is a big girl and could have spoken for herself. I think she should speak out for herself, stand up for what she believes in, and tell Gaga that she cannot tell others what to do. She may not agree with The Fashion Police, but it's her choice not to watch.

That being said, it wan't on last week and I was in withdrawal.

Lisa Lynway

lol, says the wife of Ozzy Osbourne.

Mishel

attention whore? really? remember your show you fat cow? you and your daughter should be ashamed of your self. I used to love you until this. you are the Hippocratic here.

Pixie

This is all every entertaining, and I don't have a dog in this fight. Still, I really wish the whole Osbourne family would pack up their stuff and go back to England, forever. Surely they have made enough money to buy themselves positions that would allow them to speak to the British middle classes.

Pixie

Oh, that's right, money can't buy class. So I guess the Osbournes will be staying in America, unfortunately.

tiff321

i dont blame that a mother is sicking up for her daughter because anyone that going to pick on my daughter I'm so going to send a letter her off

Christian

Lady Gaga needs to shut it down, she is CLEARLY just an attention whore and just rips off other celebrity's styles and persona's...Sharon is completely justified...And there was NO reason for lady gaga to publicize something that was clearly supposed to be kept private and was more of a mature approach unlike gaga who claims to dislike hate so much yet caused so much hate deliberately and spitefully directly at Sharon Osbourne..Now who's the bully?

bored

Gaga should know that if your going to be a big time celb people are going to judge you on your clothing choice, she should suck it up!!

nunya

Kelly Osborne is a loser and is useless as that Kardashian twit. Why is she even talking?

brent

dont be so hard on the outstanding, upscale perfect family like the osborns.. just because kelly tried to be as big as gaga and would give her soul (if she hasent already) to be her, we should stop picking on kelly an all try to be as good a person... If yo ucant tell that entire statement was pure sarcasm....

Gemiss

Is not about a mom defending her daughter, is another adult person expresing her oppinion, wich is really interesting and an absolute true, only Sharon knows in wich tone can say certains things. Well done Sharon! I would like to have your guts, Congrats, and Lady Gaga, why don't you attack to Joan Rivers instead? She is the author of the program! not Kelly....Kelly, you are wonderful in the TV, go ahead girl!