Sharon Osbourne

RIPS Lady Gaga

You're a Hypocritical Attention Whore

1/11/2013 6:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0110_osbournes_gaga_02

Sharon Osbourne has officially joined her daughter's feud with Lady Gaga ... firing off a letter to the pop star calling her a hypocritical JERK who encourages her fans to harass her daughter Kelly.

Osbourne is responding to a letter Gaga wrote to Kelly Osbourne and posted on her official website ... in which LG blasted Kelly as a "bully" who unfairly picks on celebrities on her TV show "Fashion Police."

Gaga said she's disgusted that Kelly and Joan Rivers constantly make "jokes about artists and celebrities as if we are zoo animals."

Sharon says Gaga's fans have been waging a campaign of online terror against the Osbournes thanks to Gaga's criticism of the show. Sharon claims some of the singer's fans have even made death threats to Kelly.

Now, in her letter to Gaga ... obtained by TMZ ... Sharon demands Gaga instruct her fans to stop the harassment ASAP.

Osbourne writes, "A word from you would stop all this hideous, negative and vile threats from your 'little monsters.'"

Sharon also writes, "You say [Kelly's] work on E! with the Fashion Police is 'rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people’s beauty against one another.' Welcome to the real world."

She continues, "By your actions to Kelly right now, you have shown me that you are nothing more than a publicity seeking hypocrite and an attention seeker."

"You know it would have been much more dignified of you to do this privately. I am calling you a bully because you have 32 million followers hanging on your every word and you are criticizing Kelly in your open letter.  Are you so desperate that you needed to make this public?"

There's more ... check out Sharon's entire letter after the jump ...

SHARON'S LETTER TO LADY GAGA:

Ms. Gaga

I am responding to your open letter to my daughter Kelly and I m perplexed as to why you would go public with an open letter.  Regarding this current situation; Kelly didn’t contact you, I was the one that contacted your manager today and the email is attached below for your reference.

I reached out to him as Kelly’s  manager and mother to ask him if you could address your “little monster” fans and stop them from writing libelous, slanderous and vile comments about my family including death threats to Kelly.   Your open letter is hypocritical and full of contradictions.   And as your mother Cynthia supports you, I support my daughter Kelly.  I must say your opinions on what is politically correct and acceptable totally differ from mine, but that is what makes the world so
interesting… we are all different.  How sweet that you have empathy for my daughter as you feel that she has taken a less passionate path in life.  You say her work on E! with the Fashion Police is “rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people’s beauty against one another.”

Welcome to the real world.

Example, when I saw you wear a dress made out of raw meat, I was sickened.  When I see you wearing fur and you use it as a fashion statement, that defenseless animals have been killed so you can get your picture in the press is abhorrent to me. Shouldn’t you be teaching your “little monster” fans to respect animals and life? I don’t feel I have to justify Kelly’s choices in life to you.

By your actions to Kelly right now, you have shown me that you are nothing more than a publicly seeking hypocrite and an attention seeker. You know it would have been much more dignified of you to do this privately. I am calling you a bully because you have 32 million followers hanging on your every word and you are criticizing Kelly in your open letter.  Are you so desperate that you needed
to make this public?

You state “Everyday, through my music and public voice I choose to be positive and work towards a kinder and braver world with our community of followers.” Well this obviously is not translating well to your fans as a large portion of them, not only have been vile to Kelly but also other celebrities such as Madonna, Adele and Rihanna. “You say a kinder, braver world” I don’t know what world you live in but supporting disgraceful fan comments doesn’t fall under the words “kinder and braver” it comes under the heading of bullsh*t.

In closing, stop wearing fur, stop looking for publicity and stop using your fans to belittle not just Kelly but an endless stream of celebrities.  A word from you would stop all this hideous, negative and vile threats from your “little monsters.” Let me know if you want to continue this debate. I’m an open playing field for you my darling.

Sincerely,
Sharon Osbourne
1/10/13
3:39 pm

Me

Kelly had gastric bypass to lose weight like her mom. Can lose weight but need to lose to lose her ugly dog face.

Me Too

This was Gaga's statement to Kelly which fueled this fire. I really don't think it deserved Sharon's wrath:
"I have empathy for you Kelly, but I feel it culturally important to note that you have chosen a less compassionate path. Your work on E! with the Fashion Police is rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people's beauty against one another... What about your body revolution? It used to make me truly sad when I would hear people talk about your weight when you were younger, as I was bullied too. To see you blossoming into a beautiful slender woman who makes fun of others for a living is astounding."

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Is it really that important that we choose sides? Can we just slit our wrists and be done with it?

tleeg

Where does Kelly Osbourne and thay fossil Joan Rivers get the balls to talk trash about anyones clothing? Why should anyone care what they say?

likeitnot

Gaga's fans are the absolute worst. And "little monsters" or "mother monsters" is as vile as it comes. Cult to the absolute max. Sick.

StarryStarryNight

i can't stand the osbournes, they're *******s.

i've never followed anything about gaga so can't comment about her.

blueyes

I find it ironic how Kelly thinks she has the right to critique people about what they wear but when people called her fat they were bullies. Sharon let Kelly fight her own battles.

Justsay Nohan

I personally don't care for either of them but LGG is by far the more talented of the two. Kelly seems to be making a *living* out of bullying people on her "show" but can't take it when others do the same to her? Talk about your hypocrits. Sharon's just angry because her daughter is the one being criticized and LGG isn't doing anything to stop it. Maybe they could work out a deal. LGG asks her fans to desist and Kelly stops criticizing LGG's fashion-sense.
Oh wait...that would mean the end of her reality series. Oh well.

IceGypsy

Love Gaga, and Kelly and Sharon are great in their own right, but Sharon calling someone an attention whore?? Really? Come on both Kelly and Sharon are known for being drama queens and they know it lol

Twiz

So poor lil Kelly went runnin to mommy and said "That mean lady is picking on me". Kelly only wishes she had the fan base that Gaga has. As for Joan Rivers, she has been a bitter bitch ever since she got passed ub by Leno as host of the Tonight Show

Tom Liebengood

All three are publicity whores and way too unimportant for so much attention and press.

NoReDeemingSocialValue

Ozzy is the only one with talent!

Tootz

Sharon's grown daughter can dish it out but her fat feelings can't take it? Well too bad! I don't even like Lady GaGa but I hope she responds to Sharon with a sweet open letter dipped in acid

Mike

I hope Lady Gaga knows what she's doing by taking on "The Osbournes". Gaga better hope that Ozzy doesn't get involved in this feud. He's the "Prince of Darkness" you know.

Ozzy is certainly a legend in the music business. He's sold over a hundred million records and had a very long successful career. I've been a fan of his music for a long time. Ozzy's guitarists Randy Rhoads and Zakk Wylde are guitar gods of the highest order.

Jsmiley

wait so its ok for her daughter to Bully and berate people on tv but Goo goo gaga cant do the same? sounds like sharon is drinkin some of that hypocrisy juice...(btw) not a fan of any of these folks