Britney Spears

Here's Your

Ring Back

1/12/2013 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0111_britney_spears_engagement_ring_Article_1
The newly-unencumbered Jason Trawick is once again the proud owner of a $90,000 engagement ring ... because we've learned Britney Spears has already given it back.

Sources connected with the couple tell TMZ ... Jason did not ask Brit to return the 3.5-carat, Neil Lane ring ... she returned it on her own.

By the way ... there are reports that Britney bought the ring herself. Not true.

FUN FACT:  In California, the ring -- which in legalese is a "gift in contemplation of marriage" -- must be returned if the wedding is cancelled, UNLESS the dude is the one who called the whole thing off.  If it's a mutual break-up, or if the woman is the one who pulls the plug, the ring goes back to the guy.

The question -- If Jason gets engaged again, is it bad luck to give that ring to his fiancée?

LIIIN

kim kardashian could learn from her

Kris Jenner and Kim K = money hungry plastic sellouts.

TAKE NOTES KIM KARDASHIAN. WHETHER YOUR MARRIAGE WAS FAKE OR NOT (it was) YOU GIVE THE RING BACK. OF COURSE, UNLESS YOU BOUGHT IT BECAUSE IT WAS A FAKE.....

kimkexposed.tumblr.com

Cheryl A.

I don't thinks the ring is "bad luck" I think they were not right for each other and lucky enough to realize it BEFORE they got married.

Obamais still aracist

lohan would have LOST the ring

Truth

CONSIDERING THE FUGLY RING IS ALL OVER THE NET... THANX TO TMZ... TRAWICK WOULD BE A PRETTY CHEAP BASTARD TO GIVE IT TO ANOTHER CHICA. NO DOUBT HE'LL DUMP IT ON THE USED BEV HILLS JEWELLERY EXCHANGE. #TRUTH!!

small asian penis

It's not bad luck, it's tacky. I'd just have the stone reset...

Voofieee

Please ring band crappy it should been thicker plus the diamond Britney should told his ass to get a proper ring , all the money and that thin band thing LATER GOOD RIDDANCE

Cindy

Giving the same engagement ring to a second person is tacky. My brother did it, and I was appalled. Also amazed she would accept it.

SheisHot

Britney is available...what a dream come true that would be!

helloitsme

At least Britney has enough class to give it back unlike Kim K.

Majestik

I hope on Monday that Harvey asks the ladies in the TMZ news room on TMZ live if they would accept a ring that was given to the previous fiancee. I had an ex say that to me. Showed me the ring he put on his ex-fiancee's finger then said "Maybe someday you can wear it". I told him if he even attempted to put it on my finger I'd be gone in a second. Geez, some men just don't think.

Kash511

She looks a mess. That poor girl.

SusanCoyote

Dear Baby Jesus, please make that crazy bitch shave her head and start swinging an umbrella ella ella

LoLoAngel

Well, at least it seems to be a civil breakup. Poor Britney. I felt sorry for her on XFactor. She has such a "limited" vocabulary. Almost every single sentence had the adjective "Amazing" in it.

BellaJ

I had beautiful Tiffany rings and we had a very bad marriage and messy divorce. I listed the rings on eBay because I knew I couldn't possibly pass them down to my children. I was very forthcoming in my description that i was selling them due to a nasty divorce and I needed the money to care for my kids. The winning bidder lived in Hawaii and her exact same set had been stolen so she was grateful to get my set at a good price. I said a prayer that she would love and enjoy them. I think Jason needs to resell the ring. I don't think it's bad luck for him to reuse it I think it's incredibly tacky and insensitive. Btw, I would take the plainest band over an expensive ring any day if it means that the ring comes with a loving man. Not all women care about the size of the diamond. I learned that lesson in my twenties.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments