Britney Spears

Here's Your

Ring Back

1/12/2013 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0111_britney_spears_engagement_ring_Article_1
The newly-unencumbered Jason Trawick is once again the proud owner of a $90,000 engagement ring ... because we've learned Britney Spears has already given it back.

Sources connected with the couple tell TMZ ... Jason did not ask Brit to return the 3.5-carat, Neil Lane ring ... she returned it on her own.

By the way ... there are reports that Britney bought the ring herself. Not true.

FUN FACT:  In California, the ring -- which in legalese is a "gift in contemplation of marriage" -- must be returned if the wedding is cancelled, UNLESS the dude is the one who called the whole thing off.  If it's a mutual break-up, or if the woman is the one who pulls the plug, the ring goes back to the guy.

The question -- If Jason gets engaged again, is it bad luck to give that ring to his fiancée?

monie roche

just let them be...they've both been through enough...let her get back on top before you go after her...
and they are handling this with CLASS...
i'm one of those peeps who hope that mrs humphries does not listen to tmz comments and continues to show her classless and trashy self...after all, what fun would it be to read tmz if mrs trashy or miss lowlife weren't up to their daily bs...

Gadgetgirl

they should also have to give the ring back if they end the marriage after 72 days.

Soosieq

And to think all i want it is to pay for my daughters college education. $90,000 ring? Almost makes me sick to my stomach

Robin

Jason, here's your chance. Please find a Jewish girl. You know the saying, "there's nothing worse than an old shiksa!"

Michell

See Kim? This is how you handle a break up. Give the ring back. Brittany, I wish you the best!!!

Cam2

Bad luck? No! But luck is something different than common decency! Every women wants something special for her! Not what some other women gave back!

nan

They seem to have a lot of fondness for each other , love and respect.
People around Brittney are probably still pushing her career and another pregnancy would get in the way,
Lots and lots of greedy people seem to surround some of these vulnerable artists.After all, it is big business.
I hope they both find happiness, either on their own or getting back together..

Cujeaux

Oh please! She bought it herself and it isn't a $90,000 ring.

vix

Hope the recent drop from the show and brake up doesn't hurt her progress. Stay healthy!

Jules

He's been looking kind of fugly, and Britney's been looking hotter than ever. Hope she finds someone
awesome who really loves her and her boys.

mr.howell

I think they were an odd match to begin with,this guy always seemed kind of gay to me..NOT that's an big issue anyway with'celebs' today though!.

alex

we greek people love britney in anyway!

bearforce1

The ring must be unmade in mount doom just like the one ring in Lord of the rings.

ragu4u

She's about to make 100 mil in Vegas. Who needs that two bit rock?

Karla

Ok no guy should ever give a ring that one woman wore(unless it is a family heirloom such as the Diana ring or any ring handed down that has family sentimentality)to another woman. Secondly I do not care who breaks the engagement IMHO the ring should be returned unless the guy does not want it(he may say sell it and keep the money). I for one would not want to wear the ring of someone I decided I did not care to marry or who did not care to marry me. I would return it if we did marry and then Bam although I do not see myself getting married if I was not sure.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments