Jodie Foster

Kinda Comes Out

at The Golden Globes

1/14/2013 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

011313_jodie_foster_ipad

Jodie Foster
said it wasn't a "coming out" speech, but after receiving the Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement at the Golden Globes ... the legendary actress sort of did just that.

In a bizarre, rambling and aggressive speech, Foster told the crowd she was single (*wink, wink) and talked about trying to live a private life ... one which has never involved having her own reality show ... or talking about her sexual orientation.

Then, Jodie kinda sorta did an about-face, saying she did her "coming out 1,000 years ago" and went on to thank her ex-partner and co-parent, Cydney Bernard.

It's a speech that really just defies explanation, so just watch the video and piece it together for yourself.

By the way ... best line of the night was the last, when Amy Poehler, with Tina Fey by her side, ended the show by saying, "Thank you very much. We're going home with Jodie Foster."

1126_out_footer

tonymelasa

She sexy as **** for a 50 year old.

panchang810

WTF is wrong with TMZ people? Are you really that low IQ that you could not distinguish a SARCASM? Jodie Foster, the ever intelligent and AFRONT that she is delivered a SARCASTIC speech which was an obvious direct reference to the media who have no qualms invading the privacy of celebrities and also a direct reference to the rise of STUPID AND MORONIC reality TV shows like Honey Boo Boo etc. etc. So up to this time TMZ people have no idea that the Golden Globe is an award giving body that has been created and being given BY JOURNALISTS! Precisely why Jodie's speech was not only a SARCASM but also A SARCASTIC PLEA for journalists and the movie industry in general to QUIT being stupid and QUIT being invasive of one's privacy. So either the TMZ people are really that stupid not to get that or the TMZ people just have low IQ. As Jodie Foster implied, despite her celebrity status she's also entitled to her privacy so leave her alone. And yes TMZ people, try to use your braincells sometimes.

Iliveonafarm

Definitely a cringe worthy speech. I don't give a crap if she's gay or not. It was an oxymoron of a speech. She went on about sexual preference and it being private and nobody's business, then ends the speech thanking her co parent and ex-life partner. So much for privacy. It was an awkward, bumbling, too much info of a speech. I was embarrassed for her. However, she looks great and her gown was gorgeous.

Terry

Hollywood people are so insecure in who they are they feel that they have to explain themselves to the world every chance they get.When the fact of the matter is that it really doesn't matter to anyone outside of Hollywood.If you are a good actor or actress and i like your work that is all that matters to me.I am not interested in your personal life.

Dark Louise

This is so not news. It's been quite well known that she's a lesbian for ten or fifteen years, a well-known and established fact.

a mere mortal

you're all a bunch of idiots.

My take?

EXTREMELY nervous and sad, trying to put on a good face.

Myuniformed opinion is (and the reason she acknowledged someone she is not even seeing any longer...maybe her partner broke up with her because after being with Jodi for a decade or two, Jodie STILL wouldn't even mention her name in public, and told her that she was leaving.

So, in a last ditch effort to show her how much she means to her, Jodie does what she never, ever wanted to do, discuss her private life in public, for someone else's benefit...and told the entire world how much she loved her.

I saw pain and sadness to the point of desperation on her face, under a thinly veiled smile.

Everything she said about the media and privacy...was right on point.

Harvey, you're showing your lack of intelligence on this.. (or whoever wrote this article)
Most of US, understood what she said just finme.

Apprently, for you and your staff, it's a bit over your head?

a mere mortal

....& I already know my typing skills suck arse. I own it and don't care.

You know what I'm saying..

"I've been with you for all these years...we've had KIDS together, and you still can't acknowledge me in public? F**k this, I'm out of here..."

So, Jodie does the (in her mind) unthinkable,
to try to win her back.

leslippe

Nope... the best line of the night was; 'did you see who that was? That was Hillary Clinton's husband'... 'Bill Rodham Clinton'...

elm

Anybody know, what's a "talking stock"? I think she was just loose asociating. Does she mean a microphone?

a mere mortal

you're all a bunch of idiots.

My take?

EXTREMELY nervous and sad, trying to put on a good face.

She was never Honey Boo Boo...was never into putting her private life on display...fought it her whole life.

livon

Huh??? I feel bad that she felt pressure from somewhere..I don't think it was from any of us. Maybe it was because it was a lifetime achievement so she felt she should mention her ex (co-parent). I already knew, don't care and didn't need her to mention it. I have always respected her acting and never thought about what she did with her private life only that she seemed to survive being a child actress which now days is a big deal. Congrats on your award Jodi!

Red Sam Rackham

OMG, Jodie foster is a lesbian?!?!?!? This will certainly shock the hell out of John Hinckley. (I'm being facetious.)

MyTmar

Lol that was one of the longest, weirdest, funniest speeches I've heard in a while-no secret that Ms Foster is gay & had she come out sooner, she could saved herself the embarrassment of having to make such a speech !!!!!!!!!

MyTmar

What I Think

I thought she came out years ago. And I'm not being sarcastic. I really mean it. Didn't she?