Centers for Disease Control

Ignore Hugh Jackman

... GET YOUR FLU SHOT

1/14/2013 11:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0114_hugh_jackman_cdc_getty
Hugh Jackman
's Golden Globes acceptance speech last night was stuffed up with TERRIBLE ADVICE -- when he jokes that flu shots aren't necessary -- and now, the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention are on a mission to correct his message.

A rep for the CDC tells TMZ, "I don’t know if he really meant that vaccination was not a good thing to do, but each year millions become ill with influenza; more than 200,000 may be hospitalized; and between 3,000 and 49,000 will die."

The rep adds, "The first and most important step in protecting against the flu is to get a flu vaccine each season."

For those who missed the show, Hugh took the stage after winning Best Actor in a comedy or musical -- and joked, "Sorry, I’m at the tail end of this flu and I was kicking myself for not getting the flu shot ... but it appears actually you don’t need one.  I feel great!"

Bottom line: get your damn flu shot.

JimmyB

Another fake story with a fake headline. Shameful to lie about what someone said.

Truth

I CHECKED. HUGH JACKMAN DOES HAVE AN "MD" AFTER HIS NAME. STANDS FOR "ME DUMBASS". #TRUTH!!

judy jetson

Hugh is correct. Getting a flu shut is like injecting poison into your system. It does nothing it actually makes you sick. I work in a hospital even the nurses don't want the shot. Its all about MONEY.

Rich

Most of these actors don't know what protection means. Whether it is for a diseases or birth control.

Jody

Tell the 32 year old teacher in my town who had a husband and two young children, and DIED OF THE FLU this week that getting a flu shot isn't a good idea.

helloitsme

These actors always act like their medical and science experts but really have no clue.

helloitsme

Sorry, I meant THEY'RE not their

backfire

OMG everything everyone says is twisted in the media. He was JOKING that he didn't need the shot NOW because he was feeling GREAT raising his Golden Globe Award. Geez.

Truth Slayer

Wolverine us humans need our swine flu variant shot so we can have swine in us. Don't you understand?

mandii~sue

I get violently I'll when I get a shot. I refuse that vaccine

Laurie

I agree with Hugh. There is no way i am getting a flu shot. I never have had one and I never will.

Pat

DUMB ASS!

Peter Popoff

Never getting that shot its gotta be some new s.hit they testing on you fools ill take my chances with the Tussin.

BB not bb

Do you know that getting sick from natural germs makes you healtheir in the end? It stimulates your immune system so that it just works better in general. Once you fight off an infection naturally, you feel like you just left a spa. The typical way you are going to die is if you don't take basic proper care of yourself while you are sick. People have survived for thousands of years and all the old illnesses before vaccines appeared less than 100 years ago.

Vaccines are quakery at its worst.

Twiz

My fkg God!! He feels great cause he just won the award. What part of that are ppl having trouble understanding???