Lindsay Lohan

Fires Attorney Shawn Holley

1/14/2013 3:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0114_lindsay_holley_lawyer_tmz_getty_2
Lindsay Lohan
has made one of the worst decisions of her life ... firing Shawn Holley -- the lawyer who has kept her out of jail multiple times -- and hired a New York lawyer, who was suspended from practicing law for 5 years back in 1994 ... sources tell TMZ.

Lohan is facing criminal prosecution in both California and New York.  Attorney Mark Heller is repping Lindsay in the NYC assault case. Shawn Holley was repping LiLo in L.A. in her multiple criminal cases -- most recently the car crash where she allegedly lied to cops.

It's a stunning development -- given that Holley has taken heat for being too effective, keeping Lindsay out of the pokey in the jewelry heist case as well as several probation violation cases. And she's almost magically made some criminal investigations disappear.

Sources connected with the L.A. prosecution of Lindsay tell TMZ ... Heller -- who according to the New York Times has been called a "menace to the public" by some lawyers -- sent a letter to Holley saying he was now repping her on all criminal matters.

Bad timing on Lindsay's part, because sources tell us ... Holley was literally on her way to the courthouse when Heller sent his letter -- she was trying to negotiate yet another sweet settlement for Lindsay in the lying-to-cops case.

Calls to Holley were not returned.

HannahF

Holy crap!!

I think that one of 2 things happened: Shawn wanted money paid before the hearing or she told LL something that Lindsay did not want to hear. I'm inclined to believe the latter--although once I did get an atty sub form faxed to my office the afternoon prior to an 8:30am hearing--and that was over $$$$--his attorney wanted to be paid prior to his court appearance.

In terms of how this affects tomorrow--I have no idea. Heller will have to apply to the court to be allowed to act as counsel pro hac vice--and there will be a hearing as to whether he can.

Every county has local rules--I'm having problems opening LA County's rules because of Java. I've got to check on something in the local rules for one of my cases--so I have to iron out that issue this afternoon--when i do I'll check the rules on subbing and continuances in criminal cases.

See you at break time!!

kanye east

Red Rocket Red Rocket
Please come out and play
The world will mock you
But come anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jokerchick

as IF Hollywood's dirtiest hobo can afford an attorney....

me

She's trying to delay court long enough to get clean from all the crap she does. It's time for the dumbass to realize the party is over. Put her sorry ass in jail already. We are all sick of hearing about her.

tenley

He's most famous for representing Son of Sam. Who is serving six life sentences.

swack

So now she has a reason not to have to be in court tomorrow. Also, another question, is her NY attorney allowed to practice in CA?

LLsez

Any word from the chef at Lynnwood of quietly adding Lunch Specials to the menu?

Gee

That was dumb, but I bet Shawn Holley is happy :)

Boop

The beat goes on. LiLo is clearly not making the right decisions.

exlax

overcrowding? ,wtf I have a place to bury her between here an londen

Anon

Shawn Holley is too good at her job. Hope Lindsay goes to jail.

SStev441

See you behind bars now Ms. Lohan

eivissa

Holley can not 'QUIT' in the middle of a case. If she wanted to quit, Holley must go before the presiding Judge and tell the Judge VERY good reasons why she wants to be RECUSED from the case.
Like, Lindsay is out of control. She will not listen to any legal advise. She is still in London and she is supposed to be here for tomorrows court appearance. And she has not paid my out standing bill for over 8 months totaling 150,000.00
She is still drinking and there are pictures in the media of her partying untill 5 am. It is obvious I am not helping her. Can I please be RECUSED from this case.
~
Then the Judge will considered it. Say yes or no.
~
Or Lindsay can fire her and get this NY lawyer.
and hopefully Justice will finally happen. I hear he is a bad attorney.

Nobody.Puts.Bieber.In.A.Corner

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAA

QOSS

It's off to jail for sure now Linds... whilst shes in there she can get a few prison tattoos to complete her new look!