Tommy Lee Jones' Face

'Not Amused'

Goes Viral

1/14/2013 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tommy Lee Jones Grumpy Cat Face
Say goodbye to "Grumpy Cat" ... 'cause last night, his iconic look of curmudgeoness was overtaken by Tommy Lee Jones ... who was apparently unamused with the jokes at the Golden Globes.

TLJ pulled a "not impressed' look of his own while Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig were cracking jokes during the presentation of the Best Actress in Comedy or Musical award.

Some say Tommy was "in" on the gag ... others say he was just being a grumpy old man.

Bottom line -- his "not amused" face has taken off in Internet-land ... and has already become a popular meme on sites like Reddit ... a la McKayla Maroney and the aforementioned "Grumpy Cat."

So ... congrats?

0114_subasset_tommy

BB not bb

Maybe some people don't get Will Farrel's comedy and this is their reaction. It is funny. I think Will makes fun of how stupid people are. Maybe some people just take it too seriosly and it drives them crazy. Making someone look that mad when you are joking is funnier than the whole skit itself.

mr.howell

He's a great actor, maybe he was just in a bad mood,or had the flu,or maybe he's just tired of being at award shows and all the attitudes and egos!..he was great in Coal Miners Daughter and Jackson County Jail..his first film was a bit part Love Story..1970.

Shhh

Lets not forget the DrunkGlennClose twitter account!

John

I really want to show Hayden penetierre how good my kielbasa tastes.

dididothat

Lol lol I think it's a form.of flattery

BB not bb

He looks super bored. That is how I feel about watching a whole awards show in general. Will and Kristen were funny in sort of an amusing way. They were just lightening up the whole boring process. Then they would show the audience laughing out loud like it was so hilarious. Then suddenly you see Jones with the bored look of death. That was laugh out loud funny.

There are guys who walk around like this all the time looking like they think other people are such idiots. Now I am going to laugh in their faces.

cobrazombie

Tommy Lee Jones was the only honest face during that awful segment.

Ian

First of all I have no idea who the **** she is. Secondly Will Ferrell had one great movie (Anchorman) and has been trying, and failing, to get back to that level of great ever since. He is a pathetic and very unfunny man.

Bettsie

Tommy Lee Jones is an excellent actor. I don't think he finds it funny looking at these two make fun of great movies,It was NOT the right place to do this in front of the whole world.

no name

it was bad
very bad
i would have had the same look

Catarina

I would just like to say that the grumpy cat is a female. She is not amused you mistook her for a he.

RobinInMichigan

Good call Tommy Lee, you are a class act!!! You acted like everyone else wanted too, but were either too drunk or felt they had to kiss ass for the cameras!

TooMuchFun

I think Tommy Lee was in on it. He is a very smart guy.

Kumbaya

HysTerIcally funny moment....it was classic. That cat is gorgeous btw(-;

Yak

Yeah, earning millions, having a fan base and going to glitzy award shows must be a horrible existence. I don't like his acting style (way over the top) and he doesn't look like the kind of guy I'd invite to a dinner party either. Next time stay home Tommy boy.