Lindsay Lohan

Stupidly Pulls Plug

On Rehab Plea Deal

1/15/2013 6:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0114_lindsay_lohan_2_gettyLindsay Lohan COULD have avoided almost certain jail time by accepting a plea deal for lockdown rehab -- that is, if she didn't fire her lawyer who was literally on the way to the courthouse to make it happen.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the Santa Monica City Attorney -- who is prosecuting Lindsay for allegedly lying to cops after her June car crash on Pacific Coast Highway -- was willing to keep Lindsay out of jail, PROVIDED she agree to check into "lockdown rehab" for 6 months.

Sources say ... Shawn Holley -- the lawyer who has kept Lindsay out of jail -- was on her way to court Monday to meet with the prosecutor and the judge to hash out the deal. What's more, Lindsay also faces jail time for a probation violation in the jewelry heist case because she allegedly lied to cops after the crash. We're told the judge could have agreed to end both cases if Lindsay checked into rehab.

But Shawn never made it to court, because Lindsay signed her walking papers and hired a New York lawyer who was suspended in the '90s from practicing law for 5 years.

Lindsay now says she wants Shawn back. The question -- does Shawn have the stomach for another helping of Lindsay?

There's a hearing scheduled for 8:30 AM PT today. Shawn will probably show up because she's still counsel of record. If she stays on the case, prosecutors could present the deal to her, but Lindsay is making it all very difficult.

1119-lohan-car-crash-footer-4

Sally Smith

I wonder if this 6-month rehab is standard fare in California or is LL getting special treatment? Makes me wonder is all.

Grandma Cracker

People with family responsibilities go to jail all the time. They lose their jobs, they lose their homes, they lose everything.

Why is Lindsay different? After all, her college educated brother has a job and Ali is a supermodel. They can keep deadbeat Dina afloat. Right?

Its Nikki Bitches

Lindsay is such a clone of her father, they even have the same vocabulary.

Are you f*cking kidding me!!??” Papa Lohan exclaimed

cuwilly

check this out http://www.yabatech.edu.ng

Lindsay Lohan Fan Forever

And how will Lindsay complete this ???

laffnbear

Stupid is as stupid does.

patsfan4life

How about they lock her up for 6 months for a change. Let her suffer the consequences of her actions.

STFUP

This STUPID sk@nk DESERVES jail time! What a f'n IDIOT!

Sandy

I believe Lindsay does not think she needs rehab and that is why she fired Shawn and was mad that she could not get her a better deal, I think there should have been no deal even considered and she should have went in front of the judge and let her decide what to do with her, why is the prosecutors making a deal. Take her to trial and let the chips falls,Shawn will take her back, but if I were the Prosecutors I would say its too late and take the deal off the table

Zephyr, Enemy of #LittleWhores

I have to agree with what Jay said a little while ago. She doesn't deserve rehab. I consider rehab an alternative to jail, for those who wish to get better, and/or for those who have a chance to get better. I don't believe that she'll change as a result of rehab, nor does she want to.

Rehab is also supposed to be for those who need a break to get their lives together instead of jail. She's been given that break numerous times before, and she's come out of it even worse of a person. A lengthy jail sentence is the only thing that has yet to be tried, and it's the only thing she deserves at this point.

BB not bb

At least her father cares enough to be mad. Maybe she hired Heller just because she thought it would make her father mad. With a track record like his, Heller sounds like a nightmare.

In NYC, Lindsay is accused of punching a gypsy fortune teller. I wonder if those gypsies she was fighting with put a spell on her to make her lose the case. They were very insulted at being called gypsies because they are actually Travellers, which seems to be an Irish gypsie.

Lindsay seems to be acting very out of control like she doesn't know what she is doing.

ketjo

Morning......
Its a cold miserable rain here in the hills with the cold starting tospill over from the western side of the mountains..... My joints are screaming to beat the band so be are in for a big drop.....
Think they have had Lindsay detoxing somewhere.....and she will be there today......and Shawn has worked a deal...cause the money man is still working in the background....Two many stories being recanted and changed not to be...Calling someone a nasty bitch one day and the next saying you meant she a "Nice nasty Bitch" means someone has had a warning.....Anyway all that pubicity was just for that stinker of a movie anyway they are just using her noteriety again...to get media time...
It's all for show........
They could use the "Will she or Won't she " again they used it to many times so we get the new bait dangling....for all the fishies to swim around....
A deal has been worked watch and see...and a delay.......so I cover all my bets....LOL

STFUP

If Shawn is SMART, she'll tell Lindsay to f**k off. She knows she's broke & likely can't pay her. Why do all the hard work?
Lohan doesn't deserve her any more - and she NEEDS to serve some real time! At LEAST a month behind bars MINIMUM.

Reg

Ok On the coffee now, trying desperately to stay awake for the outcome. Just keep me updated every now and then thanks. In the interim I am watching the Aussie Open Tennis.

STFUP

Why on EARTH would a deal for rehab negate JAIL TIME for jewelry theft, lying to police, etc.? There is NO connection.
That's it. The CA justice system is irreprably BROKEN! I guess I need to move back there to begin my life of crime. No risk, right? I'll serve less than a day.