Alleged Nightclub Murderer

ARRESTED

[Updated w/ Mug Shot]

1/17/2013 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0117_robert_thomas_mugshotThe person who allegedly shot and killed a man outside a Hollywood nightclub has been arrested ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Robert Earl Thomas III was hiding at a friend's house in Las Vegas when cops entered the premises last night and placed him under arrest for murder.  He surrendered without a struggle.

TMZ posted video of the shooter outside Empire nightclub when he aimed the gun and fired, killing one man and wounding another.  The video clearly shows the shooter and law enforcement tells us they got a number of tips from people who saw it and that led to Thomas' capture.

Thomas is 22 years old and lives in Los Angeles.

Thomas is currently being held in a Vegas jail and prosecutors plan to extradite him to California.

Mrnmrsparedes

Wow that's horrible. Glad they caught him. Glad this evidence helped catch the shooter but I think it's about time the video is taken down for the family's sake :(

Elcoyote101

Let's see how tough he is in prison .. With out a gun.. Little mofo..

tmzkiller

FREE HIM... FREE HIM... FREE HIM...

Jamie

I think you should take down the video now that someone is in custody. I just received a email from an organization/family member of the young man who was killed stating that you are refusing to take it down. You need to remember that this is someone's son, brother, nephew and you should respect their wishes.

Tara

First of all thank god that they caught this awful person!! But why would you post the video of this kid being murdered dont you have a heart?? What do you think this is doing to the family of the victim?? I used to watch your show all the time. This is the last time i will ever be on your website or watch your show and i am telling all my friends to boycot you also.. Sick Sick Sick

dee

This is awful. Please have the decency to pull this video. The family of the victim have requested it be pulled and currently have a petition going on change website requesting it. I came to look to see if it is still up and am horrified. I'm a big fan of TMZ normally- but this steps over the line.

YoMama

1 word: RIFFRAFF

iSTHATRIGHT!?

CHANGE.ORG link

TMZ: remove the video of my nephew being murdered http://www.change.org/petitions/tmz-remove-the-video-of-my-nephew-being-murdered?share_id=sgCenqnddf&utm_campaign=action_box&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter via @change

Christina

I just recieved an email from change.org from the victims uncle asking for the removal of this video and I must agree that it would be horrifying to see my loved ones death up for public view yet if this video led to his killer being caught then I have to say that it served it's purpose but now it's time for it to be removed and let this family mourn the loss of this young man. Respectfully, Christina F

mohammad galaria

shorty wanna be a thug! Well life is done smart ass!! And taking someones life how easy!! BAN THE GUN's!!!!!!!!!!!!

NaTia

I think it's a bit insensitive of TMZ to have this video up, I think you have to take into consideration the grieving loved ones of the young man killed. Very tactless.

Truth44

What a POS, I hope you rot in hell for the rest if your miserable life!! You're the most pathetic excuse for a human there is!!!! #TRICKBITCH

Jasmine

The family has requested that you take the video of their family member being murdered down. He wasn't a celebrity, he was a kid with a bright future that was murdered. Show some decency-some things are off limits.

Jennifer McCarroll

Please remove this video as it is disrespectful to the family of the deceased.

Scarlet

TMZ you have no right to post this! This is incredibly cruel and horrifying and insensitive. This man's family has to not only be made aware that this video of their child being shot dead is being used for entertainment purposes but has to know all of the horrible and disgusting posts people make after viewing. Human life has value and you (TMZ) have made this horrifying display of inhumanity a trivial playground for internet sensationalists and entertainment seekers. This video may be owned by TMZ but this man's life and death deserves a hell of a lot more than what you've given him here. Disgusting.