« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Manti Te'o

Witness Talks

New Timeline Emerges

1/17/2013 3:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

011713-jan-tmzlive-launch-2
Manti Te'o and his non-existent girlfriend Lennay Kekua went public with their relationship in January 2012 ... and continued to date until she died in September ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ spoke with "Jan" ... a Notre Dame superfan who struck up an online friendship with "Lennay" through Twitter back in 2011.

According to Jan, Lennay had always maintained that she was friendly with Manti ... but didn't reveal that she was his "girlfriend" until January.

The timeline begs one really big question ... in 9 months, two college students at top universities (Lennay maintained she went to Stanford) didn't have one video chat session??

"Jan" called in to "TMZ Live" and explained her relationship with Lennay ... and also told us why she believes Ronaiah Tuiasosopo participated in the hoax on the Notre Dame star.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Krismose1

Lame!

JMV

'Ericka Dunlap' Calls into the Show??

samson

How does a college student surrounded by all those girls fall in love with someone who won't even let him see her? Very strange..

EarlyCuyler

Who the F*** cares

Meg

I don't understand the video chat thing. I've never done it. Why is that considered proof he's lying?

Gargamel

Te'O has some serious issues if he had an Internet relationship for 3 years and never saw the girl face to face. How pathetic is that?

The Real JJ

You cant show "jan" but you show the little girl???

Mr Hampton

TMZ you just spoke to another idiot with no real information who also was on the Internet and never seen this girl before so what since have you made today?

This **** is like the Soap Operas.. More BS added to a huge crap.

Majestik

God, TMZ, I don't have video chat enabled either. Doesn't prove shyte that you are trying to allude to. I'll wait to get it from the Horse's mouth what the explanation is.

Cheryl

I dated someone online and we never met in person. I just think he's that slow.

Majestik

I'm still trying to figure out how a "SUPERFAN" would have the inside scoop on Manti's personal life. Is she close friends with the man, did she know everything about their relationship from both this Lennay and Manti? She's not adding anything to this report, instead of being gasoline to a fire she fire retardant foam dousing the flames.

Emily

All sounds like promotion for that new fake ass MTV show based on that fake ass do***entary.

OH NO!

WHO ****ING CARES?

Lisa

Think about it...outstanding football player does not mean outstanding "player". He may just be a regular guy, not sure of himself in the dating world. It looks like he is the one who got "played". Let it it go folks.

Throwback kid

I am thinking about writing an independent film script for this story. My working title is The Half Brained Linebacker. I would like Vin Diesel to play Mante Teo and maybe Zoe Saldana to play the imaginary girlfriend. I mean the girl in the photo who he thought was real. I would like to get Gary Busey to play the Notre Dame football coach, that is if Busey is mentally competent. If anyone has a better idea about who to cast for my film feel free to make a suggestion. I may change my title to Tackling a Phantom a Love Story

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments