Ex-Miss America

Producer Moved My Seat

Because I'm Black

1/17/2013 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0116-ericka-dunlap-getty
Miss America
2004 Ericka Dunlap is DEMANDING an apology from the beauty pageant organization -- claiming a racist producer moved her from a prime seat during the competition last weekend because she's black ... but the fact is, she was sitting in a no-Miss America zone.

Dunlap -- the first black woman to win Miss Florida in 2003 -- tells TMZ, "I was sitting there on the aisle, and during the first commercial break during top 15 announcement, a producer came up to me and said, 'Get out of that seat. I need the seat. I don’t give a f**k who you are. Get out of the f**king seat.'"

Dunlap says she refused to move because of the producer's tone, telling us, "I was spoken to as if I didn't matter. If I were any other Miss America, I would have never been spoken to like that. But I'm the only black one who comes back."

Dunlap says an assistant producer eventually came over and helped the first producer physically remove her from her seat -- "I was mortified." Dunlap says she was eventually relocated.

Dunlap doesn't plan to sue, but says she's still waiting for the organization or the producer to apologize for the way she was treated.

A rep for the Miss America organization says Dunlap's story is nonsense -- telling us, "During the night of the telecast, Ericka was unhappy with her seat, and she chose to move to a camera blocked seat that was reserved for the parents of our contestants."

The rep adds, "At the top of the show, the stage manager asked her to move to seat the contestant's parents, and she refused to move. She subsequently was offered a better seat, however she refused it. It was strictly a television production issue."

Monica

Well, but wouldn't she sue? I mean, this is atrocious. Any jury would side with her and she could walk away with millions, and I mean - million of $$. Unless.....she knows full well it's a bunch of baloney...

Phishie from Philly

It's not because your black and the producers are racist, it's because your a nasty mean person who thought the rules didn't apply to you because you're the first black Miss America. You should be stripped of your award for your actions and playing the race card. This is not how miss America shoud act. You are a disgrace to all black women and to the Miss America committee. How disrespectful you are. Your teaching young black women when you don't get what you want just play the race card.
Phishie from Philly

MCSquared

I've had it with all this "because I'm black" BS..People are accused of being racist when someone doesn't get their way...If you respond to a jerk or arrogant ass then it's only because their black...Now if you complain about the President, it's only because he's black....Give us a break..Maybe read Peter and the Wolf for better perspective....

Cheryl A.

Gdd, It's ALWAYS the race card. Pretty soon everyone will be mixed so that will stop, but until then it's either gonna be "because I am black or my next favorite, "Don't you know who I am"?

KicksandGiggles

The area should have been clearly marked as reserved. If that were not possible, then the organization should have had staff there at the reserved area to verbally advise guests. That said, Mizz America should have taken the graceful road and just got up and rose hell later properly.

videozombie

Seems to me she's the racist. She's assuming he told her to move because she was black. He said get out of the seat, I need that seat I don't care who you are. I don't see any racism in that statement. Was he rude? Sure. Racist? No. On the other hand she's assuming he was rude because of the color of her skin versus his and that my friends is racism at it's finest.

Katz

Must it always come down to race with these people? How much longer are they going to use that excuse? It's sickening already! We lowered SAT scores for them because they whined, affirmative action etc. When does it stop!

kakes

She is so wrong for pulling the race card...How about this bitch, YOU ARE IN THE WRONG SEAT!!! She was in the wrong seat and was asked to move. She was the stupid bitch who wouldn't move. Can we pull the race card and say because the people were white and she over reacted?

yolanda06

African americans need to stop using the damn racist card!!! its getting old!!! move on and get over it!

PT

Bull-effing-sh*t.

deanne

omg...does it always have to come back to That?!

Home Skillet

Weak people use weak excuses. She can't face the fact that she was asked to move because of a logistical situation, and immediately shows her own hand by jumping to the race card / I was moved because I am black worn out, burned out, tired old excuse. Weak people, use weak excuses.

Truth

BITCH IS A COMPLETE HYPOCRISY!! HER HUSBAND IS WHITE... "AND" SHE WORKS IN PUBLIC RELATIONS. YET THE C*NT STILL PULLS OFF THE RACE CARD... WHO THE F*CK WANTS HER AS THEIR PR REP. BITCH JUST LOST 90% OF HER CLIENT BASE. #TRUTH!!

Twiz

the only person that is races in this situation is the whiny little former Miss America. wait a sec, if this works maybe I could try to.I'm white, but there's this job I applied for that I didn't get. It has got to be because the color of my skin, right?

Dab710

Was she the only black female ?
Where are all the other rampant allegations of racial abuse ?