Ex-Miss America

Producer Moved My Seat

Because I'm Black

1/17/2013 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0116-ericka-dunlap-getty
Miss America
2004 Ericka Dunlap is DEMANDING an apology from the beauty pageant organization -- claiming a racist producer moved her from a prime seat during the competition last weekend because she's black ... but the fact is, she was sitting in a no-Miss America zone.

Dunlap -- the first black woman to win Miss Florida in 2003 -- tells TMZ, "I was sitting there on the aisle, and during the first commercial break during top 15 announcement, a producer came up to me and said, 'Get out of that seat. I need the seat. I don’t give a f**k who you are. Get out of the f**king seat.'"

Dunlap says she refused to move because of the producer's tone, telling us, "I was spoken to as if I didn't matter. If I were any other Miss America, I would have never been spoken to like that. But I'm the only black one who comes back."

Dunlap says an assistant producer eventually came over and helped the first producer physically remove her from her seat -- "I was mortified." Dunlap says she was eventually relocated.

Dunlap doesn't plan to sue, but says she's still waiting for the organization or the producer to apologize for the way she was treated.

A rep for the Miss America organization says Dunlap's story is nonsense -- telling us, "During the night of the telecast, Ericka was unhappy with her seat, and she chose to move to a camera blocked seat that was reserved for the parents of our contestants."

The rep adds, "At the top of the show, the stage manager asked her to move to seat the contestant's parents, and she refused to move. She subsequently was offered a better seat, however she refused it. It was strictly a television production issue."

Nicole

Not only should they NOT apologize, she should be banned from attending the pageant for LIFE. This is truly disgusting.

Just_Me

Who watches these white trash pageants anymore anyway!??

Kristin

I went to High School with this girl. It does not surprise we she would be like this. Rather sad she would go to that angel to get her name back in the news.

Retail Queen

Before I read the story I was sure this was about *Gone with the Wind Fabulous* Kenya Moore

shel

the truth of the matter is a lot of white people are truly racist. yall hate black women but love black dick lol. white people will speed off at the sight of black people and try to run them over in grocery parking lots. you try to raise your kids to be racist against blacks. blacks are not racist at all. there are ****ed up people in every race, hate on them! stop being racist against blacks unfairly!

shel

sexy, well spoken black women are the best! no one likes ghetto, trailer trash or bums in any race. take people for face value not by what another bitch has done !

BSname

I would like to thank Miss America 2004 Ericka Dunlap.
I used to suffer from white guilt but because of people like her.
Not anymore.

Yosemite Sam

wow, she seems really smart...

spliffsmommy

oh jeeze..stop with the race card..ya'll cant play that anymore since obama got into office...

shel

stay off prescription meds and grab a black friend. the world would be a better place. :)

lalet

when whites become the minority...I cant wait to pull the race card every 5 seconds just because I didn't get my way.

Pavlov

Rude people exist. It's a fact of life. I'm so glad white people never have to deal with them. ;)

Stacey Loflin

Sigh - seriously? I am so over the race card ... it should be used properly and revoked when necessary. She needs to turn in her "I'm black" card immediately. I'll see her at the next meeting.

tessa

she wins a highly coveted position against what has traditionally been a white woman's game and now cries racism? lol. get over yourself honey. white people are tired of the rhetoric. being black does not excuse your poor behavior.

Mystery Guest

No, it's impossible that there's a reasonable explanation. It must be racism!