Ex-Miss America

Producer Moved My Seat

Because I'm Black

1/17/2013 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0116-ericka-dunlap-getty
Miss America
2004 Ericka Dunlap is DEMANDING an apology from the beauty pageant organization -- claiming a racist producer moved her from a prime seat during the competition last weekend because she's black ... but the fact is, she was sitting in a no-Miss America zone.

Dunlap -- the first black woman to win Miss Florida in 2003 -- tells TMZ, "I was sitting there on the aisle, and during the first commercial break during top 15 announcement, a producer came up to me and said, 'Get out of that seat. I need the seat. I don’t give a f**k who you are. Get out of the f**king seat.'"

Dunlap says she refused to move because of the producer's tone, telling us, "I was spoken to as if I didn't matter. If I were any other Miss America, I would have never been spoken to like that. But I'm the only black one who comes back."

Dunlap says an assistant producer eventually came over and helped the first producer physically remove her from her seat -- "I was mortified." Dunlap says she was eventually relocated.

Dunlap doesn't plan to sue, but says she's still waiting for the organization or the producer to apologize for the way she was treated.

A rep for the Miss America organization says Dunlap's story is nonsense -- telling us, "During the night of the telecast, Ericka was unhappy with her seat, and she chose to move to a camera blocked seat that was reserved for the parents of our contestants."

The rep adds, "At the top of the show, the stage manager asked her to move to seat the contestant's parents, and she refused to move. She subsequently was offered a better seat, however she refused it. It was strictly a television production issue."

w

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE COLOR OF HER SKIN, SHE'S JUST A S T U P I D...BITCH

Lindy

came up to me and said, 'Get out of that seat. I need the seat. I don’t give a f**k who you are. Get out of the f**king seat.'"
-------------------------
Just for that the idiot should be fired..and i believe he was also a racist..the way he acted tells the tale.

shel

lol, im not racist and i dont really give a **** about racist white people. i never been a slave, i dont have a slave mentality and i stick my nose up at all you sad racist white people. im not going to blast yall because u know its true. now kiss my black ass.

maria

Hey, is it racist to have a Miss Black America, but not a Miss White American, and then black contentestants can be in both, but whites on in one. STHU!!!!

Robbin

This diva needs an apology for what now? Hah.

deedeejenkins

I'm so sick of African Americans using skin as a reason for everything it's so pathetic.I saw a black women who was 106yrs old who said on tv that her people need to stop using slavery as an excuse cause her age group fought hard for rights an the coloured is how she said it are a disgrace to her people who fought hard

Greg

She was a great Miss America. I would expect better from her.

StarryStarryNight

judas priest, sit your ass down and stfu bitch.

Yourkiddingmeright

Get over it! It's not because your black! Whites (most) aren't prejudice blacks are prejudice against themselves and you won't let the whites forget it!!!

PK

This excuse has become like the boy who cried wolf. Overused to get some attention and now people are fed up. Anytime I hear it -and the oppositions very reasonable reason for doing whatever it was they did- I can't help but roll my eyes and think less of the person who cried racist.

shel

seriously, I dont care about the lady mentioned above, im just stating its justifiable that it could be true considering that black women experience the most racism. Im not trying to start anything.

Kaveman

What an idiot. People who do this give black people a bad name.

karenjj

I'll bet her talent was pulling the race card.

Sherms

Ugh

shel

black people not pulling the race card is like a white person not getting a tan. it is what it is. ignorance is just that. the race card will go away when black women arent "the first black person" to do some ****. im getting pissed again.