Ex-Miss America

Producer Moved My Seat

Because I'm Black

1/17/2013 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0116-ericka-dunlap-getty
Miss America
2004 Ericka Dunlap is DEMANDING an apology from the beauty pageant organization -- claiming a racist producer moved her from a prime seat during the competition last weekend because she's black ... but the fact is, she was sitting in a no-Miss America zone.

Dunlap -- the first black woman to win Miss Florida in 2003 -- tells TMZ, "I was sitting there on the aisle, and during the first commercial break during top 15 announcement, a producer came up to me and said, 'Get out of that seat. I need the seat. I don’t give a f**k who you are. Get out of the f**king seat.'"

Dunlap says she refused to move because of the producer's tone, telling us, "I was spoken to as if I didn't matter. If I were any other Miss America, I would have never been spoken to like that. But I'm the only black one who comes back."

Dunlap says an assistant producer eventually came over and helped the first producer physically remove her from her seat -- "I was mortified." Dunlap says she was eventually relocated.

Dunlap doesn't plan to sue, but says she's still waiting for the organization or the producer to apologize for the way she was treated.

A rep for the Miss America organization says Dunlap's story is nonsense -- telling us, "During the night of the telecast, Ericka was unhappy with her seat, and she chose to move to a camera blocked seat that was reserved for the parents of our contestants."

The rep adds, "At the top of the show, the stage manager asked her to move to seat the contestant's parents, and she refused to move. She subsequently was offered a better seat, however she refused it. It was strictly a television production issue."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

D

Oh, Pleeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeee!! I am so sick of hearing this excuse!!!!

Vee105

Azzhole racists, may hell have a cozy place for them! You should have kicked his azz!
We love you Ms. America, you are the most beautiful and classiest!

Stiletto

Yeah...because the ONLY way to prove you "matter" is to always refuse common sense requests...like..."For the last time, move your a$$ so the parents of an actual contestant can watch their kid."

Maybe Miss HasBeen should have been glad anybody even gave a crap about her ancient win to bother inviting her...afterall...it sure beats her usual gig of appearing at the opening of a new super market.

Then again...maybe she just had a WaffleHouse flashback and suffered a little PTSD.

Stiletto

Don Imus just called...all he did was laugh for a few minutes and hang up.

Gloria Unread

"'Get out of that seat. I need the seat. I don’t give a f**k who you are. Get out of the f**king seat."
I'm willing to bet she let out a very bitchy "Don't you know who the f**k I am?!?" in-between the whole 'I need the seat' and 'I don't give a f**k who you are..." part of that statement. That would explain the treatment (and need for forcible removal from a seat.)

DaveT

Sounds like the language and tone of a typical producer

Googie

Did she bother to find out if any other ex-Miss America was allowed to sit where she was removed from? If she had moved her stubborn a$$ when 1st asked, she wouldn't have been removed. Ex-Miss America sounds like a diva who thinks she's the Queen Mum & can do whatever or sit wherever she wants. Sick of hearing people playing the race card for no reason other than they didn't get their way.

girlareyouserious

This b*tch, are you kidding me.

judy jetson

She should have just got her ass up and moved.

sumsum

I'M SO TIRED OF PPL USING THE RACE CARD...JUST GET UP AND MOVE THEY NEEDED THE SEAT, NOT BECAUSE UR BLACK...THIS COMING FROM A BLACK WOMAN OMG ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

Brittx

seriously?! shes just playing the race card...she THINKS people were racist against her. when in reality she may have been cursing saying "who the f r u to tell me what to do?" PLUS if she was offered a BETTER seat then y is she still complaining?

t.r.

I'm sick to death of hearing blah blah blah didn't get what I want/deserve because I'm black. NOBODY CARES. You act stupid, you get treated stupid.

GLaDOS

I f*cking hate people like this. Every dumb thing that happens to them they have to pull the race card. Dumb c*nt.

just because

we likes tto party we we likes to potty potty

just because