'American Idol' Contestant

Sikh Org. Thrilled Over

THE TURBANATOR!

1/18/2013 12:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0117_american_idol_skih
It was judgement day for a singer dubbed "The Turbanator" on "American Idol" Wednesday night ... and TMZ has learned the Sikh community is already hailing the guy as a MASSIVE success.

In case you missed it ... The Turbanator -- aka Gurpreet Singh Sarin -- won himself a ticket to Hollywood, while proudly sporting one of 50 turbans he claims to own. Dude says he color coordinates his turbans with his outfits.

TMZ spoke to a rep from The Sikh Coalition who tells us they're totally stoked for Sarin  ... saying, "The Sikh American community is celebrating Gurpreet's achievement every step of the way."

The rep adds, "We are thrilled that the rest of America is going to learn more about our wonderful community."

Check out the video to see The Turbanator in action ...

Lisa

He had a beautiful voice. Some ppl need to get a lift

Reg

Lindsay Lohan is in love.

hfn

it may be a new trend, indian music. i have the gayanthri mantra full on right now. it runs for a bit over an hour,lol!!!!

Pat

I think it is a really good lesson for America. I was so sad when I read about Sikh's being attacked on and after 9/11. people should realize that they are from India (an ally to the U.S.) and are a a peace loving community. I have to say that not only was I sad for the Sikh's being attacked, but I was embarrassed for the ignorant people who conducted the attacks.

awesomewave

He looks a lot nicer that the ones that live next door to me.

elm

Keith Urban : Whitest cracker evah

All that was missing was him proclaiming: "some of my best friends are Sikhs......"

jarhead333

That dude needs to pull a jihad on that show for real!! It's gone way down hill.

Smh

He looks like he wants suck on mariahs tits

Phishie from Philly

What could this guys thoughts be?.
After my experience on American Idol.
Today 50 turbans tomorrow 50 convenient stores. What a United States of USA country.
Phishie from Philly who has 51 baseball hats that matches absolutely nothing.

LCS27

I know this guy. I took his cab in NY once.

MINDLESS BEHAVIOR GROUP

OK LOL GOT U

tleeg

Wasnt he a suicide bomber with Bin Laden before he started to sing?

kerrplunk

Will he be bringing his 40 wives?

KicksandGiggles

All I know is, if he put a cigar in his mouth, I was leaving the room. I know the beard is his right and part of his religion. But surely its ok to groom and condition it.

Lindsay Hoehan