A.1. to Nicki Minaj

You'll NEVER

Go Sauceless Again!

1/19/2013 4:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0118_nicki_minage_a1_gettyThe Nicki Minaj/A.1. Steak Sauce love affair isn't a one way thing ... because it turns out the folks behind the tasty, tasty sauce are as big a fan of her as she is of them.

If you'll recall ... our photogs spotted Minaj out this week at Boa -- a super-fancy steakhouse in Hollywood -- where she had someone bring her a bottle of A.1. into the restaurant.

While the move is a HUGE no-no in steak etiquette, the folks over A.1. tell TMZ they were thrilled to see Minaj make a sauce run and they are HUGE fans of hers.

The rep tells us, "We’re so glad to hear that Nicki Minaj loves our sauce just as much as we love her and her music. To make sure she’s never 'sauceless' again, we sent Nicki some of our A.1. Original Steak Sauce. Now she’ll have A.1. wherever she goes."

Much to delight of Nicki ... and the chagrin of chefs everywhere.

011613_nicki_minaj_a1_v2_launch

M

It's just so tacky. If you go to a fine dining establishment and bring your own condiment in, you might as well just go to your local Deny's instead. I just don't think the people who do that realize just how much of an insult that is to the person who is preparing it. Yeah, it's your steak, you can have it your way.. yeah, but this isn't Burger King! I suggest if you do the A1 thing, don't be so obvious about it, or you may just wind up with some DNA-based condiment on it the next time you are there. I'm serious.. chef's don't play!

Jenna5960

I don't understand why companies give free stuff to rich people. We would all appreciate it more if you donated your product to people in need.

Nicoleasm

So she was at a steakhouse that didn't have steak sauce? Or she just didn't like their sauce?

burning_plastic

I'm sure this is just her latest endorsement deal and they used the steakhouse incident for publicity. Why does she still eat meat? Gross.

Ijustneedtobeloved

Because she couldn't afford to buy it herself?.....

CloseUrLegsToMarriedMen

I'm amazed at all the hatefull, judgemental comments over something as simple as A-1 sauce. So rediculous!!

Ben

Yea send it to someone who can afford the stuff, way to high for the working man.

Classylady

Stop hating her bc she look good and look even better with blond hair. Latinos rock

peoplearesilly

Oh well,I don't have to quit using A-1 because I don't use it anyway. I make my own and it's much better and cheaper. Who are they kidding anyway? This is all press for them. So see-through.

pm

let me get this straight you evil ass people mad because of what she puts on her food... there is a special place in for white people

rebinsc

lol..it was for her chicken .They snuck the watermelon in through the side door. She is the queen of the ghetto.

jokerchick

I've had $90 steaks that needed sauce and $18 steaks that were amazing with nothing on them...I certainly don't blame her

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4