« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Matthew McConaughey

'I Was Pissed Off'

at Lance Armstrong

1/20/2013 4:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0120_matthew-mcconaughey_lance_armstrong_getty_2Count Matthew McConaughey among those who were upset to learn Lance Armstrong had been lying all these years about doping ... saying he was mad at his close friend, but then eventually felt sad for him.

McConaughey and Armstrong have been BFFs for years -- both call Austin, TX home and the two have been known to work out together often.

But McConaughey says he was as surprised as anyone when Lance came clean, saying he took the news personally at first, but realized it was wrong to do so.

He told MTV News, "What was he supposed to do? Call me to the side and go, 'Hey man, I did it but don't tell anybody.' Then I would have really had a reason to be pissed off at him, going, 'You want me to walk around holding this?'"

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

helloitsme

Yeah but Armstrong is/was still an arrogant jerk who treated people like crap regardless of whether or not Matthew had known he doping. Doesn't say much for Matthew's choice in friends.

The Real Victim

If you look up “selling your soul to the devil,” in the latest version of Webster’s Dictionary, you’ll find a picture of Lance Armstrong.

I’m not sure if the devil offers a buy-back plan.

YouDontSay

This explains why I have never liked the guy or understood why people think he is good looking.

KenzieQ

The thing with Lance tho is that it wasn't his own conscience that led him to confess. If he could have hidden his deceit forever he would have. No moral character.

pizzapizza

This piece reads like The Onion.

Biebsburbs

Mc Conaughey runs like a duck holding a pee cup.... bwahahahahaha

Me Too

Even when apologizing he's still smug. Good question, Oprah!...Oh so scary...I don't have a great answer for that...blah blah blah. lance I hope your bank account runs dry, the "other women" suddenly all close their legs, everyone you ever pi**ed on gets their good name back, and last but not least...I can't wait for karma to meet you.

Tuna212

Matt was allegedly on the juice also.Not as sophisticated as Armstrong,but cycling his dose properly to avoid side effects.Just a rumor I heard through a friend.

Jordan

The Truth did not set Lance Free. Lance held back on about all the details that went into his doping, and he might still have to answer to prosecutors for 2009, 2010 which are not covered under statue of Limitations. He has several Multi Million dollar lawsuits that he will have to pay out that will send him into bankruptcy, Lance is no where near a free conscious.

IndyMike

Lance is a tool bc the guy took down so many people over the years bc of his narcissism and ego. Ruined the lives of many people who were honest people.

jared phillips

Lance has tiny twig arms for someone who takes steroids.

bernergirl

You really have to want to cheat for all the crap he did. I would see one needle and say, yep totally not worth it!

CelebJustice

Better to be pissed off then pissed on. Unless of course your Kimmy Kartrashian

Bravo600

I would be interested in what Robin Williams has to say. He was such a good friend. I am sure he will say something similar to McConaughey. Way to leave your friends hanging, Lance - nice!

Vocalz69

It's such a sad ordeal but I hope the company's that are dealing with the cancers of those who are living there lives LEGIT

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments