« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Manti Te'o

Giving First On-Camera Interview to Katie Couric

1/20/2013 2:59 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0120_katie_couric_manti_teo_gettyManti Te'o will finally go on camera to talk about the recent girlfriend hoax controversy ... and Katie Couric is the lucky broadcaster to score the interview.

Te'o spoke to ESPN's Jeremy Schaap on Friday, but not on camera. During that interview, Te'o admitted he handled the Lennay Kekua situation poorly ... but maintained he was in no way involved with the hoax.

The Notre Dame linebacker told Schaap he only realized for sure this past week that he was being duped.

According to ABC News, Couric will sit down with Te'o and his parents, Brian and Ottilia Te'o. The interview will air this Thursday.

0118_TEOING_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

JMP

Who in hell cares about this stupid story? Why is it even a story??????

4reallikecomon

ABC TV, I hate ugly reporters,Katie Couric looks like hell

Deborah

WHO THE HELL CARES? Why is this such a big story? Someone got conned on a web site. Hello? It's not the 1st time and I'm sure it won't be the last. I am so sick of this story. I DON"T CARE! Everyone I mention about this DON"T CARE! Katie ask your stupid questions no one is going to watch because WE DON'T CARE!

Billy

this is a really stupid story - I don't know one person who actually cares about what this guy did or didn't do. drop it and move onto something interesting!

Jake

If couric is involved in any way, I will skip it now and forever.

jO

SO RIDICULOUS WE HAVE PEOPLE DIEING IN WAR, OUR COUNTRY IN TURMOIL YET THEY DON'T' REPORT ON REAL STUFF ANYMORE LIKE THOSE THINGS ... FINANCIAL CLIFF, TAXES, HEALTH CAR, GUN CONTROL ... THESE STUPID REPORTERS HAVE LOST THE LUST FOR THE TRUTH AND HAVE DROPPED TO A LEVEL OF CHILDLIKE ANTICS REPORTING ON STUPID STUFF LIKE THIS. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED COURIC.. I USED TO LIKE YOU NOT ANYMORE... ALL YOU REPORTERS FOR THE MOST PART DO NOTHING BUT COVER UP THE TRUTH AND REPORT ON STUPID STUFF. KATEY WHY DON'T YOU INTERVIEW THE JERSEY SHORE AND SEE WHAT THEY ARE UP TO. GO AWAY

Malcolm Kantzler

Manti Te’o unsists he knew nothing of the gf hoax… just like Lance Armstrong insisted he didn’t dope—like Nixon insisted, “I'm not a crook.”

DeeMaree

After a bad day wasn't going to even read anymore about this yea who but saw the te oing pictures and just laughed. Felt much better. tks tmz. You can make kicking someone when their down such fun.

MARYBELL

What a LOSER lmfao....buy a gf u have the money lol

iQueen

Ok the Kardashians were the last to do nothing and stay in the news. Um dumb person caught fakin having a girl friend Um sooo it's times like this I wonder what the government is trying to sweep under the rug, this really shouldn't be this drawn out

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7