Beyonce

Did She Butcher the National Anthem?

1/21/2013 9:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

012113_beyonce
Beyonce just sang the national anthem at Barack Obama's Presidential Inauguration -- but the question ... was it the worst performance of her career?

NO. OF COURSE NOT. IT WAS F**KING AWESOME.

You people can be so negative sometimes.

Teresa Joerger

Beyoncé butcher the National Anthem? Ur kidding right? She was absolutely amazing! I was tearing up. What part do u think she screwed up?

dee

When did Beyonce start walkin on water? Her voice has no SOUL, no POWER. She's so overrated. Only time she's impressive is when she can share her butt and keep breath control. Other than that...nothin impressive. I've seen 12 year old white girls do it better.

Seal Team 6

Agreed -- it was excellent. Kelly Clarkson was also great.

justagirl

....no need to hear it...she OVER sings EVERYTHING!!

Max

There's just lots of bitter white people Harvey. She was great and I don't even really like her.

The New Improved Sock Puppet

I am always impressed by her voice, forgetting how lovely she can sing. I give her a B for this rendition. The American National Anthem is a dirge, and it is a ceremonial dirge. Almost to the end I was impressed by her only trilling a few notes and keeping with the military dirge-like quality of the song, then right at the end she did a bit of ghetto yodeling which I personally thought was disappointing since she was doing such a lovely job. She certainly didn't butcher it, but just gave it a bit more of a ghetto yodel than it needed.

myopinion

Good job Bey!

Jenna5960

I think she was fine but what was up with her face in the beginning? She didn't look very happy or proud to be there.

abby

Superb, just as good as when Whitney Houston sang it.

YouDontSay

Knocked it out of the park! That's pure talent.

Jenna5960

Is anyone else finding it a bit discriminatory that for each inauguration he choose African American singers?

Denver

The Zac Brown band at the NFC championship. That was a good performance of the National Anthem. They didnt add 5 minutes of extraneous notes.

divalicious

Well I for one think that her "Ghetto Yodeling is lovely. I wish I could yodel so ghettoly like she. Damn why can't. I ghetto yodel I could e a millionaire by now just like Beyonce :)

Jordan

The Obama's never should have allowed the face of Pepsi sing the National Anthem at the Inauguration, Since the US Taxpayers are paying to promote the "Lets Move" project to lessen juvenile obesity. I think it was a bad decision..

KnuckleDragger