Kelly Clarkson

Sorry Beyonce,

I Sang LIVE at Inauguration

1/22/2013 9:21 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0124-my-country-kelly-clarkson

Kelly Clarkson doesn't compare to Beyonce -- because Kelly actually sang her song LIVE yesterday at the Presidential Inauguration ... TMZ has learned ... unlike Beyonce, who lip-synced to a pre-recorded track.

A spokesperson for the U.S. Marine Corp Band -- which provides the music for the Inauguration -- tells TMZ, Beyonce mouthed the words to a pre-recorded studio version of "The Star-Spangled Banner."

But the rep added, Kelly sang "My Country 'Tis of Thee" WITHOUT the help of a backing track.

The rep said it's standard procedure to record a backing track before a live performance such as this -- you know, just in case -- and Bey decided at the last minute to rely on the studio version instead of winging it in person.

The rep added, "We all know Beyonce can sing ... We don't know why she chose to use the pre-recorded track."

TMZluver

Apparently it wasn't standard procedure to pre record for Kelly Clarkson. Clearly she can rely on her voice even at events like this. And she was amazing!

jennifer

So what the *uckever. KC will never be Beyonce. I find it stupid crazy that nothing she does is ever good enough. It is what it is. She and her husband the Greatest Rapper that did it have made wonderful stride. But it's never enough, is it. I will say this in my Jay-z voice HATER ALWAYS HATE.

bb

Fake singer with a fake marriage and a fake pregnancy - how perfect for a president who cares first and foremost about his fake-ass image.

Lissy7

Gee didn't realize it was suppose to be a competition between these two ladies. Ya negative pricks

JimmyCrapCorn

lip synching at the presidential inauguration. SHAMEFUL.

elm

Little doubt Beyonce is bonking the Prez in the "Situation" room, while JayZee watches and Michelle is out wig shopping and dress-extorting, all on the Gubbermint dime........

EasilyHard

Cant just have a great performance has to be shredded by the untalented. Milli Vanilli voice

Grace

Who does Beyonce think she is, a female Freddie Mercury????? Live Aid 1985. Sang live to 1 billion people around the world, Freddie says no problem. No sound check Freddie. No problem. Nervous Freddie? He says no. Utter perfection.

ELR1

I'm no hater at all but to pre record the anthem at an event like that is simply wrong..I think Kelly totally out shines Beyonce vocally hands down the only department Beyonce excells at is entertaining

Marilyn

Beyonce fake singing, fake pregnancy,
Kelly You go girl. I voted for you many times & always loved your successes. This caps it all off. You did great!

Obbop

I want the morse code version next inauguration, audio and visually performed.

We need inclusion!!!!!!!!!!

Marilyn

Beyonce now on equal par with Ashley Simpson who also doesn't sing live.
They deserve each other.

SusanCoyote

When does Bouncie NOT lip-sync??? Everything about her is fake. Crank up that Auto-Tune, Thunder Thighs! And I'm not a Kelly Clarkson fan, so there! Pop music makes me want to slap someone.

RottonronOne

I mean, who cares?

ivan

lip sync has been used by performers for a long time in concerts as well as in videos. It is legit in dance-singing performances. But it should not be used in just singing performances like this. Even Whitney Houston lip synced at least once. I does not mean a performer can't sing-see article in wikipedia on lip sync.