Kelly Clarkson

Sorry Beyonce,

I Sang LIVE at Inauguration

1/22/2013 9:21 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0124-my-country-kelly-clarkson

Kelly Clarkson doesn't compare to Beyonce -- because Kelly actually sang her song LIVE yesterday at the Presidential Inauguration ... TMZ has learned ... unlike Beyonce, who lip-synced to a pre-recorded track.

A spokesperson for the U.S. Marine Corp Band -- which provides the music for the Inauguration -- tells TMZ, Beyonce mouthed the words to a pre-recorded studio version of "The Star-Spangled Banner."

But the rep added, Kelly sang "My Country 'Tis of Thee" WITHOUT the help of a backing track.

The rep said it's standard procedure to record a backing track before a live performance such as this -- you know, just in case -- and Bey decided at the last minute to rely on the studio version instead of winging it in person.

The rep added, "We all know Beyonce can sing ... We don't know why she chose to use the pre-recorded track."

Patricia

I wonder if this story about Beyonce lip-syncing is actually true. I watched the live broadcast and, if she was lip-syncing, it was the most flawless example of it I've ever seen. How does someone manage that without an earpiece in? Seems unlikely to me.

blackcockus

Beyonce is a nice person, but has the face and legs of a horse. She is a train wreck. Young black women enjoy her over sexualized lyrics while enjoying their single motherhood. While waiting to receive a welfare check and allow DeMarkus to impregnate her, young Shaquilla will play Beyonce's Halo while having a donkey c@ck inserted in her for a half hour. 9 months later she will drop a baby out from the event. This will be her 4th child from 3 men. It was nice that Halo played as DeMarkus jammed his rod in and out of her. The baby will grow up without a father and have an IEP plan written for him because he is an exceptional child. He will receive affirmative action and a free lunch and breakfast paid for by everyone. He will ended up dropping out of high school and impregnating and then spending his life in jail. Congrats ... love the culture. Oh wait, wait... baby i can see your halo.. .. . halo.

vp

I'm Surprised Kanye didn't randomly show up, interrupt Kelly and say Beyonce sang better LOL!

blackcockus

The affirmative action version is recorded.
We would not want to treat a group of disenfranchised people poorly. Therefore, this is the affirmative action version of Halo.

If you are white, you have to sing live because your skin tells us you have everything.

vp

Linda

Kelly=Class and the true American Spirit. Beyonce= Classless and a feeling of entitlement to do what she wants. I have never liked her. She and Jay Z think they are beyond reproach. I thought Kelly did beautifully.

HeardItAll

gail

I don't care if someone lip syncs as long as the original recording is theirs. Who wants to sing against the wind and freezing temperatures. Having said that, Kelly Clarkson has a much more powerful voice than Beyonce and most singers out there. Beyonce's voice is unique but Clarkson has a one in a million voice.

HeardItAll

Not surprised!!!!!! NEVER knew what the hype about her was anyway. I have big butt and lots of hair too, but mine is REAL! Beyonce is OLD news and needs to Bounce baby Bounce!!!!!!!

Gary

Well...no one with real talent would hang out with Kim Krapdashian.....they all are a bunch of fakes and now fattass Kim is copying her with the pregnancy....wonder if Kim will borrow the collapsible stomach that Beyonce wore?

Jess

Every single last one of yall are haters! Lol. Its sad.. Beyonce can out sing Kely Clarkson ANYDAY!! & I'm almost sure she wasn't lip singing, but we will never know because she sounds just like she does live as she does on her records.. if not better!!! Find something better to do that hate.. JEALOUS ASSES!

Jessica

Anyone who ACTUALLY watched both performances knows that Beyonce didn't mouth the words to the song. Yes, she had a prerecorded version playing, but she was still singing. It sounded a million times better than Kelly, sad to say, because you could actually HEAR her! people need to know the difference between actually singing with a tape of yourself in the background, and singing with nothing in the background. I didnt enjoy the performance with Kelly becuase I could barely hear her. the point of music is to be able to hear and enjoy. maybe kelly should do the same next time for outdoors. It made her sound like she had a weak voice...

Jane Cantu

REally is this story true? why comment when it can be a gossip

Tweety

Beyonce took the earpiece out of her ear because the recording was throwing her off.

popo

fake baby fake singing bleching her skin......