Kelly Clarkson

Sorry Beyonce,

I Sang LIVE at Inauguration

1/22/2013 9:21 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0124-my-country-kelly-clarkson

Kelly Clarkson doesn't compare to Beyonce -- because Kelly actually sang her song LIVE yesterday at the Presidential Inauguration ... TMZ has learned ... unlike Beyonce, who lip-synced to a pre-recorded track.

A spokesperson for the U.S. Marine Corp Band -- which provides the music for the Inauguration -- tells TMZ, Beyonce mouthed the words to a pre-recorded studio version of "The Star-Spangled Banner."

But the rep added, Kelly sang "My Country 'Tis of Thee" WITHOUT the help of a backing track.

The rep said it's standard procedure to record a backing track before a live performance such as this -- you know, just in case -- and Bey decided at the last minute to rely on the studio version instead of winging it in person.

The rep added, "We all know Beyonce can sing ... We don't know why she chose to use the pre-recorded track."

NB

After listening to both you can def tell beyonce did not sing. I think Kelly Clarkson did great though! I always loved her voice she has talent!

Chris Kaman Your Eye

It looks like Kelly ate Beyonce in that pic.

USA#1

Everyone knows Beyonce is fake so what is the big deal. She isn't the first to do it and not the last. Obama could've cared a less. He was wishing he could bang her instead of his wife.

GGG

Sell out. Kelly blew you to smitherines!

taxthat1979

well that becuz succesful white artists get by on talent, not how they look and the dumb **** they say.

DaveT

Better singer Kelly or Beyonce?
Kelly.
Whiter skin Kelly or Beyonce?
....used to be Kelly.

Susan Frasca-Foley

I thought Kelly sounded better than Beyonce.

lap1234

I don't mind Beyonce lip synced My problem is that was just ok, but bad, but nothing to write home about. I think she did good if it had been live. I don't I just think if it was prerecorded where she could redo it until it was great she should have made it amazing. Whitney is amazing I don't care if it was prerecorded. It was great. Way to go Kelly Clarkson. You did great and it was live. It is sad that a lot of artists today could not sing live to save their lives. I'm just saying that recording industry has propped up some okay singers as stars because of their image. I'll take a talented person that doesn't fit the "image" over a no-talent pretty face.

saf

Fake performance for a fake President.

saf

Fake performance for a fake President.

Shaunie

Why is this a question? One sings the other presses play

Blah

Whats the point of her even being there then??? She was hired or asked to come sing for the president and she didn't sing??? Lame!!! Seems pretty pointless to me. Can't even do the one thing she was hired to do?

Straight Talkin Texan

Woo! Go, Kelly!!! Kelly's song was VERY difficult! (Then again, so is the National Anthem.) Kelly's song seemed to have challenging timing, slower and then faster. Kelly started a little "off" but got it together immediately. Kelly's got GUTS...and LUNGS!!!

KCINDY

Kelly we could not stop lol you were awf ul

Jordan

To Stand in front of the President and Vice President high ranking members of congress and the Supreme court of the United States of America to Disrespect the country showing a fake rendition, is appalling. There is a difference lip Syncing the National Anthem for a Football game, and lip syncing for a historic moment in United States History.