Kelly Clarkson

Sorry Beyonce,

I Sang LIVE at Inauguration

1/22/2013 9:21 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0124-my-country-kelly-clarkson

Kelly Clarkson doesn't compare to Beyonce -- because Kelly actually sang her song LIVE yesterday at the Presidential Inauguration ... TMZ has learned ... unlike Beyonce, who lip-synced to a pre-recorded track.

A spokesperson for the U.S. Marine Corp Band -- which provides the music for the Inauguration -- tells TMZ, Beyonce mouthed the words to a pre-recorded studio version of "The Star-Spangled Banner."

But the rep added, Kelly sang "My Country 'Tis of Thee" WITHOUT the help of a backing track.

The rep said it's standard procedure to record a backing track before a live performance such as this -- you know, just in case -- and Bey decided at the last minute to rely on the studio version instead of winging it in person.

The rep added, "We all know Beyonce can sing ... We don't know why she chose to use the pre-recorded track."

Tracy

Beyonce faked her pregnancy too. THey had a surrogate for sure. Thats why all the secrecy when she supposedly was giving birth and closed the whole area for herself. CUZ she didnt want anyone to know about the other woman giving birth to her child

Angry Old Man Podcast

Shut the hell up about Beyonce and Kelly Klagston just go download my Angry Old Man Podcast and let me do all the bitching. Oh and Harvey is a lawyer by the way. Just in case you didn't know. What the hell was I talking about?

Lisa

Not a Beyonce fan but since when did lip synching become a bad thing?

Jacob Ryan Paul

You know who else didn't use a pre-recorded track? Alicia Olatuja, the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir soloist... now that was bomb!

Tracy

I think Kelly did Awesome!!!!

VKpro

I'm pretty sure she wasn't lip syncing :/ just watched it back and it's far too accurate with the facial, jaw and head movements when she is singing to be synced. That is unless she was singing it but the mic was off. It's too hard to replicate that without making sound.

Lisa

OH MINE, I just listened to both singers and Kelly still sounds better.

bagladey

Why can't I "Like" or "Hate" on this website since the last few days?

Rob

Beyonce is the second coming of Milli Vanilli. A no talented faker who has the looks but no ability to sing she should like MV have her awards taken away from her . and far as Kelly Clarkson goes now she CAN sing .

Jeebus48

Kelly sounded incredible. I wasn't impressed with Beyonce. I thought she was pretty good when she sang high but weak on the lower notes.Now finding out that she lip-synched I'm even less impressed.

JO

Well, ... She doesn't exactly look proud before she began, so...

Jackie

Ha ha....Only idiots would listen to all this horrible so called musicians singing. And ofc beyonce she's fake...fake hair, fake pregnancy, so why would her singing be real. pfft.

elm

Why are Bay-oonce and Michelle O wearing white woman hair? don't be ashamed of the nappy.......

cheri

now that i know it was pre recorded im disappointed. i could not tell

slobeachbum101

Nobody's does it like Whitney!