Kelly Clarkson

Sorry Beyonce,

I Sang LIVE at Inauguration

1/22/2013 9:21 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0124-my-country-kelly-clarkson

Kelly Clarkson doesn't compare to Beyonce -- because Kelly actually sang her song LIVE yesterday at the Presidential Inauguration ... TMZ has learned ... unlike Beyonce, who lip-synced to a pre-recorded track.

A spokesperson for the U.S. Marine Corp Band -- which provides the music for the Inauguration -- tells TMZ, Beyonce mouthed the words to a pre-recorded studio version of "The Star-Spangled Banner."

But the rep added, Kelly sang "My Country 'Tis of Thee" WITHOUT the help of a backing track.

The rep said it's standard procedure to record a backing track before a live performance such as this -- you know, just in case -- and Bey decided at the last minute to rely on the studio version instead of winging it in person.

The rep added, "We all know Beyonce can sing ... We don't know why she chose to use the pre-recorded track."

Jordyn

I cannot stand Beyonce. Especially now when she had the amazing opportunity to sing at a Presidential Inauguration not only once but twice and chooses to lip sing. There are many more talented artists that are better and should have been there instead of Beyonce who lip sang. It just frusturates me at a very special event an idiot chooses to lip sing. Kelly sang better than her lip singing anyway.

TXLady

Beyonce is a performer, Kelly is a singer. BIG difference! Beyonce can sing, but not without technical assistance. Kelly has the ability to truly sing without any music or assistance!

dogboy

These people are not even singers, Beyonce, Brittany, Chris Brown, etc etc etc. What a joke.

black n proud

Get over it you racists pigs

Nermal

Beyonce's so fake. First that weird pregnancy suit and now this. And I love how she pulled out the earpiece, as if it really mattered.

DWeaver

Kelly did an amazing job live. Beyonce isn't as strong of a singer, but she might have a good "excuse." The colds this season have been a bear. Nothing ruins a person's vocal range like a nasty sinus infection or bronchitis. In the groups where I sing, people have been out of commission for weeks with the crud. I guess it's better to use a backing track than to back out or croak your way through something as momentous as that.

rob

Never was a fan of either. If Obama was elected 10-15 years ago Whitney houston probably would have sang live and tore the house down. Oh how I wish she was still alive. Lol

HRH Prince Michael

@BrigittTJ: You, are mostly correct. My post did not "Judge" ANYONE. Truth, is TRUTH. Whether, You, or I, or ANYONE, agrees or disagrees, does not change anyone. There is no "Judgement" nor "Opinion" in my post ONLY Truth. My opinion?
Clarkson, is a FAR superior vocalist than the other
individual. Pop, Country, Classics, she's does it all. Too bad, she BOWED to her Pharaoh.

Denver

So to continue with yesterday's question of whether Beyonce did a good job with the anthem and many said they preferred Whitney's.... THEY WERE BOTH RECORDINGS!!!!! At least her hair was real, ahem...

Topher

Harvey,

Who is running your show there? You guys said it was F*CKING AWESOME!!! Now what TMZ? The young leftist that you are hiring are morons!!!

Heidi

Lip syncing and fake pregnancy...people are getting sick of all this fake bs and the fact that she makes millions for faking it. Your fame is almost over Beyonce. Tick tock tick tock.

Renata

Lol Nice try TMZ. That was live.

deee09

aww beyonce ur so awsom but lip singing cmon! kuddos kelly!!!!!

Kelly

I am very disappointed that Beyonce lip synched her performance. Kelly Clarkson has an amazing voice and should be proud of an outstanding performance

Jose