Kelly Clarkson

Sorry Beyonce,

I Sang LIVE at Inauguration

1/22/2013 9:21 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0124-my-country-kelly-clarkson

Kelly Clarkson doesn't compare to Beyonce -- because Kelly actually sang her song LIVE yesterday at the Presidential Inauguration ... TMZ has learned ... unlike Beyonce, who lip-synced to a pre-recorded track.

A spokesperson for the U.S. Marine Corp Band -- which provides the music for the Inauguration -- tells TMZ, Beyonce mouthed the words to a pre-recorded studio version of "The Star-Spangled Banner."

But the rep added, Kelly sang "My Country 'Tis of Thee" WITHOUT the help of a backing track.

The rep said it's standard procedure to record a backing track before a live performance such as this -- you know, just in case -- and Bey decided at the last minute to rely on the studio version instead of winging it in person.

The rep added, "We all know Beyonce can sing ... We don't know why she chose to use the pre-recorded track."

Shannon

I dont believe this for one second....

ledzep2112

We all know Beyonce can sing?? How do we know this? We have no proof of this so called "fact".

REALITYCHECK2

Beyonce can't sing worth a #@##$ without the pre-recorded versions. How INSULTING to America to fake such a sacred song. If she wasn't pretty--she wouldn't be a celebrity. More proof that beauty combined with youth runs rampant in Hollywood.

BoSox

Joe Biden is a retard.

Bamster

Joe Biden is retard.

sants

i don't believe this.

tamara

Who was the better singer? Well, that's easy. The one who actually "sang" and took the chance of not being perfect but was real.

Dennis Johnson

Damn!That sucks.............You go Kelly......... and I am no hater.....oh well.

LCS27

Fake singing to a fake president. Sounds a good deal.

happypat35

Wow, and I was starting to give her some credit. I love Jay-Z's rapping skills, but Beyonce is a JOKE. I never thought Beyonce could sing and is not on the same caliber as Kelly Clarkson, nor Whitney, loud-mouth singing Christina Aguilar or Jennifer Hudson. How she gonna lip sync at a momentous event like this. SAD!

Anna13

Beyoncé is way too overrated... These days Hollywood can make a huge star even out of Joe Schmoe down the street and convince the drone masses to follow him like puppies.

J9

I cant wait until all this blackey worship is over and done with. What a fraud. When will people wake the f up??!?!

Paul2281

What a sellout Beyonce is....
Chicken **** bitch...

hotbitch

Kelly Clarkson sings her ASS off. You can tell she's a real sweetheart, too. I hope that fiancee of hers doesn't screw her over.

CASEY HAMILTON

I don't think she did, she took her earpiece out, how could she lip sync on Que exactly if she couldn't hear the recorded track? I don't know, I'm optimistic about her, I'd like to think she was more real but who cares:) She looked awesome!