Lindsay Lohan

New Lawyer NEVER Met

His California Sponsor

1/23/2013 1:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0122_mark_heller_lindsay_lohan_lindsay_berger_sacksarticle_getty_tmz
Lindsay Lohan
's new lawyer has never met ... never even spoken to the lawyer who is sponsoring him to represent the actress in a California criminal court ... this according to the sponsor herself.

We broke the story ... New York attorney Mark Heller has filed legal docs for permission to appear in a California court -- where he is NOT licensed to practice law -- to handle Lindsay's lying-to-cops case.  To win that permission, he needs a California lawyer to sponsor him.

With more than 200,000 lawyers in CA, Mark chose one who has been an inactive member of the State Bar for 17 years.  Her name is Lindsay Berger Sacks, and she became an active member last week -- days before Heller filed paperwork to represent Lohan in court.

We spoke with Berger Sacks, and she told us she has never had a single contact with Heller.  Berger Sacks -- who seems like a very smart and charitable lady who says she has never practiced law a day in her life (and that's to her credit) -- told us she was actually contacted by an attorney who has worked closely with Heller in the past, Peter Toumbekis, a good friend of hers since Jr. High.  Berger Sacks told us she believed she was vouching for Toumbekis, not Heller.

But here's the deal ... Toumbekis didn't sign the paperwork to appear in the Lohan case -- Heller did, and what's more Berger Sacks signed the same paperwork with Heller's name on it.

So if Berger Sacks didn't know Heller yet only his name was on the paperwork, why did she sign it?  Berger Sacks husband -- who is also a lawyer -- tells us Heller's law firm is referenced in the paperwork and Toumbekis is working with the firm and will even appear at next week's hearing.  But the fact is ... it's Heller, not Toumbekis, who is asking for permission to rep Lohan.

This trial's gonna be interesting.

1214_lindsay_courtroom_fashion_footer

Marvin

K is 66, didn't anyone catch that.....it doesn't mean age

Reg

Morning all, I think a good punishment for dear Linds would be to have her sentenced to a few years in a third world country sweatshiop, making leggings.

LLsez

Gavin Doyle ‏@SaveTheSociety 52min

Being rushed to the hospital via the slowest f*cking @uber car service. G-d forbid I should die in this car.

________________
More drama.....who just might not be "available" for questioning??

Grandma Cracker

Hey Pony, Lindsay lives in NY now. Sautner has already run the CS card with her as punishment and a learning opportunity. Her probation is once more unsuccessful, and now she lives out of state, so that kind of takes that off the board.

I think that Sautner will max her out on the VOP and anything that she is found guilty of, and I would be very surprised to see any breaks or perks such as CS or probation. Lindsay has really left her no choice, but it is what it is. Early release, but still whatever time they can muster for her.

Grandma Cracker

Smitty, going to Coachella is not an accomplishment. It is a matter of buying a ticket just like thousands of other people. Delay delay only keeps her life in a holding pattern.

She is once again f*cked, and it is her own doing.

Grandma Cracker

Hey Lily mum, I thought you might like this:

While you were busy judging others you left your closet open and a whole bunch of skeletons fell out. Feel free to borrow it.............

lilysmama

to ms. lindsay lowhan. we all know that you Never visit this site..so I thought maybe ""Sam' could read this post and relate its contents to you. sam is a rascal though...between the booze and the crack and the shtupping all sizes and shapes of rag heads.. well maybe he isn't that reliable after all...any way Sam, tell our A list star.. that I think she is a laughing stock.. mean nasty and pee yew stinking too.

lilysmama

I don't have ANY skeletons in my closet granny..bring it you are delusional ( Or senile?)

HannahF

Hi Reggie--I hope you enjoyed Australia Day. I watched part of the Women's final and saw the fireworks.

To echo others: There is a huge difference between wishing death upon someone and predicting the early death of someone whose life is clearly in a downward spiral. Most of the regular posters just want Lindsay to be held accountable for her actions and that stems from her telling the world "I'm Lindsay Lohan, I can break laws and not be punished because I'm so Fckng special."

Marvin seems obsessed with Ketjo lately.

The early release program has been in the news lately because communities are seeing a rise in property crimes as a result of realignment/parole/early release of non-violent criminals. It turns out that parole and probation violators are lower down on the early release schedule. So it looks lie Nicole may have to recalculate the 245 day percentage.

lilysmama

checked your profile..how did you suddenly turn 36? i'm thinking there is something fishy with you. why did you lie?

Grandma Cracker

Wow Lily mum, I just thought you would like that catchy little saying since you seem to like the karmas coming for you bit. Nothing personal since I don't know you, just thought you might want to use it sometime when you are interjecting your own personal thoughts and hatreds on people that don't give a sh*t.......(-;

lilysmama

The Bible says' "And the truth shall set you free".

lilysmama

so? where are he skelatons you threatened?? why would you do hat when you don't even know me? Skelatons? WTF?

HannahF

Reggie---I saw the guys warm up but I couldn't stay up any later. ESPN has been running reruns of the match but it's hard to watch when you know the outcome.

As for the rest. We saw this coming yesterday.

MADISYN, LIAISON TO THE H8TURDS!!

And I'm getting disparaging emails for asking a mere question of said 'new' poster . . .?

Previous 15 Comments | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments