Steven Tyler Gives Beyonce

HOT PASS

on Fake National Anthem

1/23/2013 7:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

012313_steven_tyler_launch
Beyonce could've done a sock puppet lip-sync of the "Star Spangled Banner" -- as far as Steven Tyler's concerned -- as long as her smoking bod was in plain view at the Inauguration.

Steven was outside the Viper Room, and when we asked about B's lip-syncing debacle he said ...  "Beyonce's so hot she can do anything. Let's just get real."

Aerosmith's frontman didn't seem the least bit bent about the controversy, and even belted out ... "Whatever gets you through the night" ... LIVE, mind you.

So, has Steven ever, y'know -- faked it?

Check the clip and get the answer straight from those famous lips.

seashell4ever

I do not understand why some stars it's ok and others it is not...I guess it depends how PR you play

Annie

That is what you have to do when you have no real talent.Most of the so called pop stars are just manufactured acts. Very few real talents out there!

JulesinSD

It wasn't important for Milli Vanilli, until it was - imagine for ONE moment this was a republican woman singing for a republican president, the left would have EXCORIATED her - SO sick of the media bias - it was important she faked it, and we wouldn't have cared it wasn't perfect, the only one concerned with perfection was Beyonce, the woman with the two ton ego in $1.5 million dollar earrings.

She's baaaack

I fervently hope that someone like Lindsay, Kim, or SOMEONE fvcks up royally today so this Beyonce lip synching sh1t can be over with.

DC22

I think what bothers me the most about Beyonce's situation is that she is paid MILLIONS of dollars and is a professional singer, right? And she can't even perform live at such an important event? Honestly, who cares if it was cold and you didn't think you would sound "perfect". It's ridiculous, anyone could record a song and lip sync it later. Why is she getting paid so much money and is bragged up all the time when she's not singing when it really matters?

coco1971

Well I'm honestly sick of the negative bs. You all, are acting as if you all, care about the president's feelings when you really just want to bash Beyonce.,i, don't care one way our anther rather she lip synced or not.The same people talking about disrespecting President Obama are the saber ones who talk sh** about him. And I'm sure neither one of them cares what your butts have to say. Because at the end of the say they're still doing them and there is absolutely nothing Abby one of us cab do about it.

Ronnie

Marian Anderson didn't phone it in, she honored us with her gift. On MLK Jr. day, you would have thought that we Bey could have rose to the occasion especially with her history of working parties for the worlds rich criminals. Sad day when our culture doesn't understand the difference between true talent and digitized product. When tv networks make excuses for her because of her $$.

TheBestHeEverHad

Who cares, no one ever holds her accountable for anything she does.

freaksober

how about a hot SHART..

charl62089

Am I the only one one that thinks Steven is The Crypt Keeper??

paladine

I'm a BIG Steven Tyler fan but this is CRAZY! What does having 'hot bod' have to do with the Star Spangled Banner at an inauguration ceremony? Kelly Clarkson has a 'hod bod' but SHE, and everyone else, could find time to rehearse. Pathetic.

Arabia

THE PRESIDENTIAL INAUGURATION IS SUCH AN IMPORTANT EVENT, IT IS NOT LIKE A CONCERT, OR THE SUPERBOWL WHERE SOME ARTIST HAVE TO USE PRE-RECORDED BACKINGS BECAUSE OF ALL THE NOISE, I WAS A BIG BEYONCE FAN UNTIL I FOUND OUT THAT SHE LIP SYNCS. IF KELLY CLARKSTON AND JAMES TAYLOR CAN SING LIVE, WHY COULD'NT BEYONCE. I DON'T THINK THAT ANYONE SHOULD LIP SYNC AT A PRESIDENTIAL INAUGURATION AND I THINK THAT IS WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ARE SO UPSET WITH HER. I CAN SEE IF IT WAS HER CONCERT, OR LIKE I SAID THE SUPERBOWL, BUT THIS WAS A VERY IMPORTANT EVENT, THE PRESIDENTIAL INAUGURATION IS BIGGER THAN THE OSCARS, SUPERBOWL, ANY CONCERT, SO BEYONCE SHOULD HAVE SANG LIVE AND NOT TRY TO FOOL PEOPLE BY TAKING THAT EAR PIECE OUT.

Arabia

Ms.Grant

Saying Beyonce was a fake because she lip synced to her own voice is like saying that a woman didn't birth her baby because she had a c-section or even an epidural to ease the pain. For him to make sense, I guess Harvey Levin may be asserting that she made her voice sound better because it was recorded in a studio and thus cheated? If that's what he's asserting then that's what he should say. Remember though, it was not American Idol where that is a requirement.
Furthermore other sources have presented a recording of her actually singing over the recording at the inauguration. I agree with Smokey Robinson, it was a show, and she showed up. It was not a paid concert for which you pay for live singing.

maurice

steven's right!!!BEE is so hot and can do anything....let's just get real..DON'T CONFUSE OVER WHETHER SHE SANG LIVE OR NOT....SHE'S ALWAYS A GREAT PERFORMER.. CAN'T WAIT HER SUPER BOWL SHOW....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments