« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

I'M FAR FAR FAR

FROM GAY

1/24/2013 12:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0124_katie_couric_manti_interview_article_superhero_3
Manti Te'o
just revealed ... he's NOT GAY ... despite rumors he used a fake girlfriend to hide his homosexuality.

Katie Couric asked Manti flat-out whether he's gay because it's the most obvious explanation for the bizarre "Lennay Kekua" hoax -- but Manti replied, "No. Far from it. FAR FROM IT."

Manti also revealed Ronaiah Tuiasosopo's full confession, which Ronaiah sent via Twitter, saying, "I completely accept the consequences to the pain I've caused and it's important that you know the entire truth before anyone else."

Katie played Lennay's voicemails -- and Manti replied, "Sounds like a woman. Incredible talent to do."

pic0124_ronaiahs_confession_small_video_lennay_vm

Katie asked why Manti didn't come clean sooner -- Manti said, "I was scared and I didn't know what to do." Manti's parents also had a chance to speak -- and things got emotional.

pic0124_ronaiahs_confession_small_video_lennay_vm_4

Manti also addressed Ronaiah, saying, "You hurt me." And the big question -- how Manti thinks the hoax will affect his draft status ... Manti said, "That I don't know ... Whatever happens happens ... I hope and pray that good happens."

pic0124_ronaiahs_confession_small_video_lennay_vm_4

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Murphman

He's so far far far from gay that he went clear around the world and ended up right next to gay again. In fact, they are spoonin. No seriously...the sweater gave you away.

bittybaby

ugg .... okay whatever. Sad state of personal life if he couldn't find girlfriend on ND campus or nearby all- girl school St. Mary of The Woods......

Nobody.Puts.Bieber.In.A.Corner

I could give a rats ass about the sexual orientation of some non celebrity. WTF happened to this website????

Toallthehatersoftheworld

Let it go he is young made a mistake by begin to trusting hopefully he learned by his mistake. It's just growing pains we all have did something in our younger years we are not proud of

Judy

He's gay...but who cares. Let him come out when he is ready.

Maverick

Gay, gay, gay.

With all this drama, he has to be. Either that, or he is secretly a Kardashian.

Dude, just come out of the closet. Who really cares? It's 2013.

fuzzy

I know quite a few idiots that get in relationships online and fall in love yet have never even met. They change their relationship status to married

dude

Hello, is this thing on!!! Is TMZ even interested that the only reason we are looking at the site is in the hopes there will be news. TMZ is becoming like SNL. I watch SNL only to see if it will actually be funny, but am always disappointed. Im starting to get that feeling. DEAR HARVEY LEVIN, you've come so far. Is this the beginning of the end?

BECKER

He may not be Gay but he sure isn't straight. Being in love with an Avatar would make him an avasexual

johnnydanger

This is a boring non-story.

He's annoy'ing.

I dislike apostrophes in annoying F-list names.

taz

He looks "special". Move on to other stories PLEASE! Every one is tired of this.

fuzzy

● hey where's the rest of my comment? I can't believe the fools that fall for these fakes! Online love is stupid! They'll even lie

TruthBTold

No-one is THAT far from being gay! The very fact he claimed that makes him even more gay. He's gayeR, now!!

Eldridge Cleaver

Methinks the lady doth protest too much. Manti Teo wants some Man ***********.

KnuckleDragger

There's GAY, and there's NOT GAY. You're either one or the other. Saying you're "far from it" means you're not ruling it out at this particular time...you're keeping your options open. It's called bi-curious.