« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Manti Te'o

Releases Voicemails

from 'Lennay Kekua'

1/24/2013 9:52 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

012413_teo_voicemails
Manti Te'o has released 3 voicemails he claims he received from "Lennay Kekua" during the hoax -- in which Lennay comes off as a very jealous ... and very emotional person.

The first VM was supposedly left on Manti's phone right before she began her first round of chemotherapy for the fake cancer. During the call, Lennay says, "Just wanted to call you and keep you posted ... I miss you, I love you ... bye."

FYI -- TMZ has confirmed the person doing the voice of Lennay on the voicemails is Ronaiah Tuiasosopo.

0124_ronaiah_article_tmz
Call #2 is a sobbing mess ... in which Lennay accuses Manti of having another girl in his room. Lennay tells Manti, "I don't know why you don't answer your phone ... and I don't care."

She continues, "This is my last time trying ... you made it clear what you want."

Manti claims Call #3 was placed on September 11, 2012 -- the day before she supposedly died.

During the call, Lennay tells Manti, "Hey babe, I’m just calling to say goodnight.  I love you."

She adds, "I know that you’re probably doing homework or you’re with the boys, or grubbing, what a fatty.  I just want to say I love you and goodnight and I’ll be okay tonight, I’ll do my best.  So, yeah, get your rest and I’ll talk to you tomorrow.  I love you so much hun, sweet dreams."

Manti released the voicemails to Katie Couric -- and will discuss them during his sit-down interview on her talk show.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Shyla

This story is getting really old!

Keyser Söze

Man, this story is firmly in the Tyson zone, and it ain't going anywhere else.

Shhh

OBVIOUSLY RONAIAH IS BEING PAID. RELEASING VOICEMAILS/CONVERSATIONS IS ILLEGAL UNLESS CONSENT FROM BOTH PEOPLE. ANOTHER REASON mantis is in on it

dathan

A Stanford student " Lennay ", would not sound this dumb on the phone.

Baz

Good football player.

Baz

He's a good football player.

paul a.

Man, these guys really need to get laid......

Jordan

There was no date and time on the voice mails so no one knows for sure who left them when they were left. Manti could have had some girl leave that on his phone recently. Usually voice mails are automatically erased after 14 days. This whole scam still sounds like Manti is part of it.

Mel

OMG enough already clearly this nut job needs help get therapy and stop making us listen to your crap!!!

LeapOfFaith

This story goes on because the media was fooled. And I am shocked that no one covering the story ever checked on this Stanford student named Lennay, or inquired about funeral arrangements. Even if Manti asked for privacy, when did that ever stop the media?
As for Manti, what kind of boyfriend never goes to see his sick girlfriend? And he couldn't have ordered flowers for her funeral, because he would have had to know the details.
Something's fishy, and its not catfish.

Carla

OK, so they are gay lovers.....big deal.

Ozzie X

that voice sounds like a tranny heard on the stage of Jerry Springer.

LeapOfFaith

I think this story goes on because the media was fooled. I'm shocked someone covering the story didn't check on who this Stanford student was, or details about Lennay's funeral. Even if Manti asked for privacy, when did that ever stop them?!

Buddy Lee

Im a cute guy manti. Will you call and talk dirty to me while i spank my meat?

Give me a break!

I feel bad for this Teo kid. What a mind ****!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments