Robin Roberts

Testing the Water

for 'GMA' Return

1/24/2013 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1024_robin_roberts_gma_article
Robin Roberts returned to the NYC set of "Good Morning America" this morning -- the first time since undergoing a bone marrow transplant surgery -- for a private "GMA" test run to see if she's physically ready to come back to the show.

Just last week, Roberts explained that she would be doing a series of doctor-approved "dry runs" before officially re-joining the show.

"My doctors want me to see how many people I actually come in contact with," Roberts said ... "How my body reacts to the stimulation, that's code word for stress, of being in the studio environment."

She added, "My skin is very sensitive and so we have to see how it reacts to the studio lights. My vision is still a little blurry from the treatment. All of this is getting better day by day so that is the next step."

Last year, 51-year-old Roberts was diagnosed with MDS -- or myelodysplastic syndrome --  a disease of the blood and bone marrow that was once known as preleukemia.

Roberts vowed to return to the show ... and it looks like she's going to keep her promise.

NoseySOB

Guess TMZ doesn't think she looks like Scottie Pippen since they deleted my comment. TMZ : the epitome of class.

Nvts

Yuck. Put a wig on lady.

Your S&M Girlfriend

She's a lovely, brave woman, and a good newscaster. Unfortunately in her absence ABC pulled out all the stops on their morning show and turned into a circus. She is much better than that.

Toallthehatersoftheworld

She looks great. And I'm happy to hear that she is feeling great

Areader

This is good news...I pray Robin is on the fast track to a full recovery!

Sandra

Love GMA and looking forward to her return !!

RaisingStar

Good for her.

SensibleSense

A cancer survivor myself, I wish Robyn the best, I don't think she is ready to return to GMA yet because of powerful studio lights. After chemo one's skin gets supersensitive. She probably needs another 3-4 months to flush all the chemo out of her system. I hope she follows her doctor's advice. I did not go into the sun for six months, and developed vitamin D deficiency and was popping vitamins!

jimi

welcome back

Truth

February is a TV ratings sweeps month so OF COURSE ABC will exploit her. It's kinda sad really.

joe benson

Seems nice.but why is she so special? Everyone at the network kisses her "a" and expects viewers to
do the same. Lots have battled this. It's like shes the Queen of ABC's GMA.I like her future replacement.
NO WAY SHE CAN HANDLE DOING THIS SHOW.

Reyna38

Don't care,,,

Democrats are evil

I really wonder about people who fight these life vs death issues and the first thing they want to do is go back to a 16 hour a day job. You would think they would want to spend time with family and friends and enjoy life as opposed to working with strangers under stressful conditions. I guess they have nothing else to live for. Gotta be a liberal.

JR

Mornings haven't been the same without her! She's the rock of that broadcast. Can't wait for her return!

mynamesnot

You know this refereer you have to me and all the other Fake on Twitter this 'existence' it is futile, you know even this refereer to me the steward for the cosmos, much the way what wiccans call a dryad like some at the following link are also stewards for various plants, remember if your in existence and have even had weed walk past you, smoke some tobacco or anything else that is not from your refereer you better at least sign up here :: http://hempembassy.net/@towncamp/register.php

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments