'Plastic Wives' Star

I NEED Plastic Surgery ...

to Survive in L.A.

1/25/2013 9:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

012513_marques_launch

The star of "Plastic Wives" -- a new reality show about the wives of plastic surgeons who pride themselves on FREE nips and tucks -- says the only way to keep up in L.A. is to go under the knife ... and firmly believes there's NOTHING wrong with that.

Frances Marques -- one of four women featured on TLC's new show -- was out in L.A. Thursday night and we asked all about her controversial new show and her various procedures ... we're talkin' butt implants, lip reconstruction (NOT on your mouth), botox, liposuction ... the list goes on.

Frances tells TMZ ... plastic surgery shouldn't be seen as a taboo thing, because "everybody has everything done" -- and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

She explains, "Upkeep is important, especially in Los Angeles ... Everybody that's beautiful around the nation comes here, to be somebody. So we're competing with these gorgeous women. So we wanna keep it up. What's wrong with that?"

Um ... nothing?

buzz kill

Is that a new Halloween mask she is wearing?

Toilethead

I think she's had a bit too much already.

Lisa

If I ever thought about cutting on my face to look better, I think of that woman on Miami housewives,, OH HELL NO!!

mark

That is such BS that she feels that if you live in LA you have to keep up with all of the beautiful people. I've lived here my entire life, 48 years, and that is such an insane excuse. What she should have stated was "I am deeply insecure and have to try and be something I am not in order for people to like me". That is what these plastic surgery addicts are...just deeply insecure. Get therapy, not a brow lift! Oh..and btw...when I travel, I see beautiful people in the small towns and big cities. It is absurd that she makes it seem like LA is full of only gorgeous people who are plastic. We natives are not in that group and wish these pathetic transplants would go back to where they came from.

freaksober

she needs to get her butthole sown shut ....to keep the SHARTING down

Lisa

Pretty soon they will all look like that one on the Real housewives of Miami!!

YouDontSay

Yikes I dont know if that is a unflattering pic or not but I look a million times better at a much older age.

Mumra the Ever Living

As I Look at her face, especially her sock puppet like lips, I'm thinking her Doctor Hubby is a Proctologist and not a Plastic Surgeon.

Kelster

WTF HAPPENED TO THE LEARNING CHANNEL!!?!?!?!?!?!?

nisiek

Listen, I live in Los Angeles and am 100% natural and love myself the way I was born, and would never in a trillion years want to look like that hot mess in this post. She looks absolutely hideous...such a monster...and she thinks she looks good UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Bob

When was the last time this horrid mess volunteered? Or read a book? She's a hollow scarecrow with nothing to offer: no brain, no heart, and in a desperate bid to keep the ratty shell stitched together.

And failing.

Throwback kid

Competing for what? she is not an actress a model or a movie star? she is just a vain, insecure woman who thinks she has to keep up with the other vain insecure woman in LA and they are all a big joke! This lady looks like she was nothing to look at in her 20's, now as a middle aged woman with bad plastic surgury she thinks she is pretty? That whole group of 40 something woman in LA with the reconstructed faces look like crap and you can't beat father time! If that it how you validate yourself it is always going to let you down, especially with all the pretty 20 something starlets in LA. This lady is pathetic

wingfreak

Keeping up with what exactly?

spectator72

She needs an Island and a banana

jjbythesea

SHE IS BUTT UGLY...NOT A GOOD ADVERTISEMENT FOR PLASTIC SURGERY.
EWWWWW....