Tina Turner

Goodbye America

I'm Gonna Be a Swiss Citizen

1/25/2013 10:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0124-tina-turner-swizerland-gettyWilliam Tell may no longer be the most famous Swiss person in history ... 'cause Tina Turner says she's renouncing her U.S. citizenship to become a full-fledged citizen of Switzerland.

Turner -- who was born in Nutbush, Tennessee -- has been living in Zurich since the mid-90s ... and according to multiple reports, she's decided to make Switzerland her permanent home.

According to a local Swiss newspaper, officials in Switzerland have already decided to GRANT Turner's request for citizenship ... and now it's only a matter of time before the move becomes official.

We called Turner's rep for comment -- who told us she was still trying to get in touch with Tina to clarify the situation.

Also ... yeah, William Tell was Swiss. The more you know ...

Troy

Where's Ike when you need him? This washed up Ho is just trying to avoid paying taxes.

Steve

Duh! She did it for tax reason!! We, AMERICANS supported her career for years!! Sorry for this offending here, but Ike should left her sorry ass back in Tenn back in the 60's! I thought she was a stand up woman for our country, but I guess not!! Note to the government: barred her from entering the USA!! Note*** I apologized to other women who were battered by their men for my outburst because I love my country, and thought Tina love the country that help her in her career!!

Mandy G.

She is one of my all-time favorite performers. I'll bet she didn't ever lip-synch.

CHARLEYGOLF

I hope she knows or is informed once she formerly renouces her US citizenship she can no longer come back to the States to live only maybe to work on on a limited Visa.

Terri Swift

Trader!! Get your fame and fortune in the USA then spend it somewhere else. Majority of actors, musians, etc will bale on the country that made them just when there are those here in the US that still going to bed hungry and sick and jobless. I'll say it again, Trader!!

TheLady530

Still looking good! Damn that what's love got to do with it song still hit too close. Smh.....

Darrell

I wish her well

pd

Good for her, if living in Switzerland makes her happy then I say do it. Much love and happiness.

Lorraine

Goodbye to a ROCKIN' woman! Always shakin, struttin and screamin the love! I miss your singing!
Go be a 'Private Dancer' and God Bless!

jake

Tina TUrner will always be an American Princess. Lucklily we got Nicki Manaj to take Tinas place. Im expecting some hater to reply with hate to this comment

Jenn

bye! don't let the door hit you on the way out! u ungrateful thing.

Jenn

later tater.. I knew she was off. just could'nt put my finger on it.

boricua4669

Well, make sense ... Why she would continue to paying taxes in the U.S., if she's don't live there ? 20 years of paying taxes without living in the U.S. !? Good for her ...

Jenn

Traitor B@#$% Im sorry but this sh&* pisses me off . What a heiffer. Make your millions bc this amazing country gave you the opportunity to do so and take a dump on it.

catmax

Tina has NOT been living in the US since the mid-90s. If you think it's because it's tax reasons, it's absurd. Congrats to Tina for obtaining Swiss ctiizenship