Tina Turner

Goodbye America

I'm Gonna Be a Swiss Citizen

1/25/2013 10:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0124-tina-turner-swizerland-gettyWilliam Tell may no longer be the most famous Swiss person in history ... 'cause Tina Turner says she's renouncing her U.S. citizenship to become a full-fledged citizen of Switzerland.

Turner -- who was born in Nutbush, Tennessee -- has been living in Zurich since the mid-90s ... and according to multiple reports, she's decided to make Switzerland her permanent home.

According to a local Swiss newspaper, officials in Switzerland have already decided to GRANT Turner's request for citizenship ... and now it's only a matter of time before the move becomes official.

We called Turner's rep for comment -- who told us she was still trying to get in touch with Tina to clarify the situation.

Also ... yeah, William Tell was Swiss. The more you know ...

truth

I wish I could do the same because this country is going down the toilet for every TRUE BLUE American citizen.

A.R. Med

What does Obama have to say about this?? Mickelson, Turner, whose next?

A.R. Med

What's Obama have to say about this? Whose next? Beyonce? There will be a huge migration out of California at minimum.

kitnplayn

Goodbye American taxation. That's probably why her and her millions of dollars are leaving.

Bilderberg1776

Do***entaries Why we fight by Eugene Jarecki,Inside Job by Charles Ferguson,Terror Storm also Endgame and The Obama Deception by Alex Jones and Zeigist puts you in a mind state that those that are chosen democratically to represent us do not.Capitalism means I don't care as long as my means gives me excesses.If this country only loved us enough to try and not make us working poor.Gun Control pushes your right to defend yourself in the arms of those who will not.Governments have never succeeded in this truth we are the new Rome.God bless America

Virtual Insanity

I'm neutral on this.

PoohBearJo

Every story with blacks have the most ignorant racist comments! Yet blacks are criticized for pulling race card for eveything.. lmao there's ni

Rider

What a greedy suck-up.

Michael7307

Good ridence to bad rubish. I guess her boy Obama, and his raising taxes on the rich.

renate80

I thought she already was Swiss she already have accent.

JiLL1

So what ?

Carlos Perez

Easy Move! Get The Money From Us And Then Go And Pay Taxes Somewhere Else. Sounds Too Republican To Me!

brainscan

I have awoken her and even now as I lay sweet kisses from her toes to her head she is growing younger to love me.... use the Magic Brainscan...

DoubleA

Someone should tell her that's snow on the mountains there not coke.

JFO

Sad to see her go but with the tax climate the way it is in this country, I can see why she's doing it.