Casey Anthony

Files for Bankruptcy

1/27/2013 6:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0127_Casey-Anthony_gettyCasey Anthony is looking to make a fresh start ... financially speaking ... and has filed for bankruptcy in Florida.

Anthony, who had two of her convictions for lying to authorities tossed out on Friday, filed for Chapter 7 protection in a Tampa court on the same day.

In the docs, Anthony says she owes almost $800,000 to about 80 creditors and has no income to speak of. Among her debts:

-- $500,000 to lead defense attorney Jose Baez.

-- $145,660 to the Orange County Sheriff's Office

-- $68,540 to the IRS

Not listed among her creditors ... Home Depot.

Anthony is also in the middle of defending herself from a defamation lawsuit from Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, who claims Anthony ruined her reputation.

Rob83

She probably would have been better off in jail. I have no idea what I would do if I was in her position. She can't turn to her parents because she threw them under a bus during the trail (along with her brother). Jose wants nothing to do with her now (he's gotten all the capital he can from her.).

She'll probably have to find some desperate, lonely, guy to get with and take care of her.

Nonsense

Isn't that special, she gets away with murder and now doesn't even have to pay her debts. How is this possible?

tenley

Good, Jose Baez deserves to be screwed rather than rewarded for his courtroom tricks to get a murderer off the hook.

Davis

Casey, you can be my house mouse anytime and I will tale care of all your bills. Everyone blanks up now and then and I forgive you. At least with you I know exactly what I get. Let me know when your ready.

dd

Oh Boo Hooo!

skatehobo

BREAKING NEWS ZOMBIES ARE FILLING FOR BANKRUPTCY ALSO AHHHHHHH. BREAKING NEWS REPORTED BY TMZ.

jabberjaws

Would ya?

WhatJadeThinks

You can't be serious? This girl has way surpassed O.J Simpson in the luck department. She has EVERY SINGLE charge against her dropped...including lying (have we ever seen anyone MORE guilty of lying)...but more sadly of murdering an innocent baby...throws her family under the bus...all with free legal representation....

This girl now will have no debt? Regardless of being able to afford to live in some of the most expensive zip codes in Florida, record tacky video diaries from her nice laptop while flaunting her salon styled hair & dining with all her "celebrity" legal team friends...Oh and her and warped mom are besties now too, even after claiming her father and brother molested her...What a happy ending for this #*$@!

The justice system failed on all accounts & this story (as well as every other headline about her) makes me sick..

MAS

Why is she still alive?!!!!

Edith

Her life would be better in jail

EasilyHard

Please OD

Sandra

This woman got away with murder and it's no surprise she is not paying her bills!! Hopefully karma will visit her sooner than later!!

melodyann

Cry me a river. My personal view on this case is that it was a trainwreck of zero justice for the child who died by the hands of her very own mother. Had Casey Anthony been a different race, ugly, dirt poor, etc, this would have gone down a whole different way. Our media damn near turned her into a celebrity.

Christy

What happened to all of the money for the photos she sold as well as the blood money her parents have in the "Caylee fund"? Dr Phil made a large donation to that so called fund. I will tell you....that is the George and Cindy retirement fund NOT the Caylee fund! These people should all rot in hell.

TMZluver

It's unbefu@*inglievable that she got away with this!
I can only hope KARMA eventually will give CMA justice.