Casey Anthony

Files for Bankruptcy

1/27/2013 6:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0127_Casey-Anthony_gettyCasey Anthony is looking to make a fresh start ... financially speaking ... and has filed for bankruptcy in Florida.

Anthony, who had two of her convictions for lying to authorities tossed out on Friday, filed for Chapter 7 protection in a Tampa court on the same day.

In the docs, Anthony says she owes almost $800,000 to about 80 creditors and has no income to speak of. Among her debts:

-- $500,000 to lead defense attorney Jose Baez.

-- $145,660 to the Orange County Sheriff's Office

-- $68,540 to the IRS

Not listed among her creditors ... Home Depot.

Anthony is also in the middle of defending herself from a defamation lawsuit from Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, who claims Anthony ruined her reputation.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Lori

So she gets away with murder, lying to police, and not paying her bills. WTF is wrong with the justice system?!

muffcabbage420

She wouldn't be in this kinda trouble if she didn't murder her kid. Stupid c*unt

wingfreak

There is no fresh start. You will always be a pariah.

mebrat24

since when can you file banko with IRS
another bullchit story from Kmz, the garbage they put on here. How many celeb are on here that aren't reality STARS. garbage in garbage out

Kathie

Maybe she can sell her car to a morbid rich person.

wingedmonkey

I hope she at least has tto ay back the IRS for all that blood money she made off of her daughter's photos! I hope she is poor for the rest of her life!

Haroldya

Should've pled guilty to murder. She would've had free shelter, food, healthcare. On top of that she would've been with people she could relate to, you know...murderers

Kàt

No matter what type of bankruptsy one files, you still have to pay what you owe to the IRS. All of it. There is no 'lets make a deal' as in a chapter 13 bankruptsy.. As you can imagine: there is no negotiation with the Federal Government.

msteve

I would feel bad for her if I didn't believe she killed her daughter. Just like O.J. she got away with it. Poor woman can't pay her bills? So what, your daughter will never have a chance at anything, ever because you murdered her. The fact that she got away with murder, lying to the police, and what ever else, she also gets away with not paying her bills? Tf is up with that? Can I not pay my student loan bills and rent for like 5 years? That sure would help me out. I won't murder someone, just ya know, be a law abiding citizen.

breezy

Hopefully she'll die next

Me Too

$500,00 in legal fees?? She should have had a broke d**k public defender if she had no money to pay. Like she'll ever get a job...could you imagine being an employer and seeing her name on a job application??

Dennis Johnson

Good..................I hate this CU**.It is always about her...................She murdered her own daughter people!May this thing rot in HELL!

CyndiChainsaW

I thought Baez represented based on all the free publicity?

Theresa

I wish Casey nothing but ill-will. HORRIBLE excuse for a mother. R.I.P. caylee

smorbie

GET HER OFF THIS SITE!!!! SHE IS NOT A CELEBRITY! HER ONLY CLAIM TO FAME IS MURDERING A CHILD! AND YES I MEANT TO TYPE THIS IN CAPS! I AM SCREAMING!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments