Barbara Walters

I've Got

Chicken Pox!

1/28/2013 8:43 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0128_barbara_walters

Barbara Walters
has seen it all in her career, except for one thing -- CHICKEN POX ... until now.

The 83-year-old news legend announced ... she's officially suffering from a case of the scratchies ... roughly 75 years after most people catch the viral infection.

Walters -- who was already recovering from a head injury she suffered during Inauguration weekend -- was obviously absent from "The View" this morning ... so Whoopi broke the news.

"We want to give you an update on Barbara," Goldberg said ... "You all know that she fell and cut her head 10 days ago, and then was running a temperature, but it turns out it is all the result of a delayed childhood."

"Barbara has the chicken pox. She'd never had it as a child. So now she's been told to rest, she's not allowed any visitors. and we're telling you, Barbara, no scratching,

Whoopi added, "We love you. We miss you. We just don't want to hug you."

0121_BARBARA_WALTERS_well_footer

freaksober

better then the chicken SHARTS....

Luz

Oh, my God help her. Chicken pox is not fun, but at age 75?

Luz

Some people can have it twice in their lives.

DJ

Chicken Pox?
Ain't nobody got time fer that!

Herman Munster

Who cares.....

Herman Munster

I can't stand her....lets all hope she dies from it.

bb

Awww, poor Babs. Chicken pox is supposedly much worse if you get it as an adult, especially a middle age or over adult rather than as a child. I'm one of the few people I know who never, ever got it as a kid, so here's hoping...

Henry Exhaust

She should have had a Zostavax vaccination. Everyone, over 55, whether or not they have had Chicken Pox should have the vaccination.

buzz kill

"Cat Scratch Fever"

cobo

Whoopie said no scratching their is no scratching when you have it as an adult it is very painful and at her age she can die cause I got it last year I'm 36 and my doctor was more worried about my mother getting it when she came to take care or my son she is 66. PS my mom treated me as if I had the plague I never saw such a BIG bottle of rubbing alcohol lol.

Kelli

Why is she trying to hide the fact that she really has shingles??? She annoys me...

Truth

KARMA'S A BITCH!! #TRUTH!!

STNCA

What is with all these people not knowing the difference between chicken pox and shingles? You've got internet access; use it to Google shingles.

Cheri

Something tell me this is not true, I have a feeling she has shingles, but does not want it known as most people think of shingles being from dirty people, but most of us know that's not true.

DaveT

Always wonder how women balance their head when they wear those huge heavy earrings

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments