Barbara Walters

I've Got

Chicken Pox!

1/28/2013 8:43 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0128_barbara_walters

Barbara Walters
has seen it all in her career, except for one thing -- CHICKEN POX ... until now.

The 83-year-old news legend announced ... she's officially suffering from a case of the scratchies ... roughly 75 years after most people catch the viral infection.

Walters -- who was already recovering from a head injury she suffered during Inauguration weekend -- was obviously absent from "The View" this morning ... so Whoopi broke the news.

"We want to give you an update on Barbara," Goldberg said ... "You all know that she fell and cut her head 10 days ago, and then was running a temperature, but it turns out it is all the result of a delayed childhood."

"Barbara has the chicken pox. She'd never had it as a child. So now she's been told to rest, she's not allowed any visitors. and we're telling you, Barbara, no scratching,

Whoopi added, "We love you. We miss you. We just don't want to hug you."

0121_BARBARA_WALTERS_well_footer

Just Sayin

I would pay a pretty penny to hear her say that. lol

Old Fart Fabulous

When you as old as the fossil Walters they are called scabies

Old Fart Fabulous

Pardon me its shingles

Metta Worldhate

That's not good.

pimpdaddy

Baba Wawa! Just go away; cannot stand u or your bitches u hang with while viewing your pitiful show.

Tesla_Consulting

I haven't gotten mind. Madame Walters, still teaching me stuff.

david96706

I have a eerie feeling we will be seeing her dead in a few weeks =( . At her age it is a death sentence.

Lee

I had the chicken pox when I was 27. The fever was the worst part. I didn't break out too bad so I was lucky...Barbara, you had better stock up on aveeno.

EstherG

I bet she has shingles which is a form of chicken pox that older people get.. It's baaaaaaad... But she'll get over it..

Bob

I hope she is okay. It is very serious to get chicken pox as an adult and probably more serious as an elderly person. My cousin got them in his early 40's and it killed him in 2 days. Who knows if she even has chicken pox. Maybe she is in rehab. I doubt it, but stranger things have happened. I wish her well anyway.

Bob

Maybe she got herpes from Chris Humphries. I'm just kidding, but you know you would watch the video if there was one.

She's baaaack

That, my friends, is a total crock of sh*t. First she fell and had to have stitches, then she is kept overnight for "observation." Then she's still hospitalized two days later. Now, she has chicken pox. What's next, to keep the smoke screen going, appendectomy? What's the real reason. Rehab??

Dant2590

Maybe she can give them to Elizabeth and people won't have to watch her for a few weeks in the morning. I don't say "I" cause she ran me away from watching THE VIEW when I'm home. I occasionally will flip past it, and if it happens to be a week she's gone, I might watch. I like Joy and Whoopi, but just can't stand that blond TWIT.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4