Chris Cuomo

I'm Moving to CNN!

1/29/2013 8:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0128_chris-cuomo_getty_cnn
UPDATE: Sources tell TMZ Zucker just announced in his morning meeting that Cuomo will start working at CNN on Monday ... and he'll begin anchoring the morning show in the Spring.

0314_divider_graphic
Chris Cuomo
is calling it quits at "20/20" -- TMZ has learned ... he's moving to CNN very soon.

Sources connected with CNN tell us ... Cuomo will host a morning show.  The buzz is his co-host will be Erin Burnett -- interesting, because we're told Erin's contract at CNN is to do a prime time show ... so if execs move her to an earlier spot, they might have to do a little convincing.

But where there's a will, there's a way -- and we're told CNN honcho Jeff Zucker is up to the task.

Chris served as the news anchor on Good Morning America from 2006-2009 then moved to "20/20."

SPIDERBAITT

He look sexy,i like him.

whateveryou

I'm guessing this is former Gov. Como's kid. ? Wonder how he got his start when all the other wannabe news people have to strive for years.?? Hmmm... & CNN? Last I heard of their ratings...let's say, I'd rather be on public television.

shaun

What is CNN? That is a weird name.

David

bad move, dude...bad move smh

JR

Let's not forget that Chris was passed over for the anchor gig at GMA. The day Diane Sawyer said her goodbyes, Chris did the same as it was announced that George was taking over the seat. Chris jumped to 20/20 because it was quite obvious that staying at GMA wasn't going to get him anywhere. CNN is quietly building a solid news team and should be viable within the next year. Now if NBC will let go of Ann so they get the evening broadcast taken care of.

Darlene

I'm a fan, not only because of his charming good looks, but his stories are geniune, he seems to add a personal touch to each one. Wishing him luck in his new endeavor.

Bu

Another boring on air personality goes to CNN. Like him or hate him CNN fired their number one show Larry King Live. Who does that? No other network would EVER cancel/fire their number one show. And CNN wonders why the keep hiring boring people and get no audience watching.

GMAguy

Coumo's style is a little irritating. I thought I'd give him a chance. But today, when he made the statement that he hopes Chris Dorden, the cop killer, was ok when the cabin was on fire, that made me sick to my stomach. Mistake or not, if you want to be an anchor you need to think before you speak. No more CNN when he's on.

Connecticut Sam

Erin is good looking but not too smart.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3