Casey Anthony

I Won't Be Held Back Anymore

1/29/2013 10:07 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0129_casey_anthony_cbs_article_party
Casey Anthony has broken her 7-month silence ... telling CBS 5 in AZ that she's determined to move forward with her life -- and the station insists Casey wasn't paid a single cent for the interview.

The 26-year-old agreed to a phone interview from her Florida home on Friday under the condition that the reporter ONLY ask her about her bankruptcy situation.

"This is the next step towards closure for me," Anthony explained.

Anthony was also asked about a pending lawsuit filed by a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez who claimed Casey had defamed her when she told cops in 2008 that a fake nanny named "Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez" kidnapped her daughter, Caylee.

Gonzalez is suing Anthony for unspecified damages. Anthony told CBS 5 she hoped that case (and two other pending lawsuits against Anthony) would be behind her by now.

"These are the things holding me back," Anthony said. "This is the key for me to move forward."

Casey also gave the station a couple of recent photos -- showing her hanging out with her legal team back in August.

The reporter who got the interview later released a statement ... saying, "TO BE PERFECTLY CLEAR... Anthony and/or her legal team are not, have not and will not be paid or compensated in any way by me or my news organization. Nor have I personally received any financial consideration in relation to this story.”

Anya

Yeah, don't hold back and hide anymore. Come out in the light of day and get a little of what's coming to you

speakMYbrain

her legal team should hide out like her too. douchebags

sandy

How can Casey expect to have closure after killing her small child? Doesn't she have human feelings? I only hope that Casey lives in hell the rest of her life - she'll never feel safe - in the U.S. or abroad. The only friends you'll ever have will be your skunky lawyer and his posse.

Storm

It is still painful to see this hideous murdering wench and think of the beautiful little angle she killed. May Casey rot in hell.

nero777

Man this lady is pathetic our system failed not putting this sub human in jail I'm guessing MTG will get her a reality show

amyy555

Damn her face got fat! Still looks like a horse tho.

ju

the only news I want to here about this bitch is her obituary

ju

these people posing with her a bunch of morons out to make a buck wait till judgment day ya bunch of *******

lcmb

Yes please. Come out come out wherever you are...

cecil b carter

Im willing to get her pregnant to give her another chance ....

Sarah

BS she was paid.They have loopholes that allows them to pay her and she would not do it for nothing.

Meyersmedley

Why is any media outlet giving this murderer exposure. She disgusts me. She is a horrible human being. The best everyone can do is pretend she doesn't exist.

Lydia

Ohhh it's her legal team. I thought who the hell would be caught dead in a photo with Casey Anthony. If all those people were just new acquantances (sp), can you imagine the backlash they would have to live through!

Teri

So, a baby killer, liar, degenerate slut is as important as Beyonce and Hugh Jackman? BREAKING NEWS!!!! Casey Anthony is NOT a celeb. Stop trying to make her into one.

TEAinCA