Casey Anthony

I Won't Be Held Back Anymore

1/29/2013 10:07 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0129_casey_anthony_cbs_article_party
Casey Anthony has broken her 7-month silence ... telling CBS 5 in AZ that she's determined to move forward with her life -- and the station insists Casey wasn't paid a single cent for the interview.

The 26-year-old agreed to a phone interview from her Florida home on Friday under the condition that the reporter ONLY ask her about her bankruptcy situation.

"This is the next step towards closure for me," Anthony explained.

Anthony was also asked about a pending lawsuit filed by a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez who claimed Casey had defamed her when she told cops in 2008 that a fake nanny named "Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez" kidnapped her daughter, Caylee.

Gonzalez is suing Anthony for unspecified damages. Anthony told CBS 5 she hoped that case (and two other pending lawsuits against Anthony) would be behind her by now.

"These are the things holding me back," Anthony said. "This is the key for me to move forward."

Casey also gave the station a couple of recent photos -- showing her hanging out with her legal team back in August.

The reporter who got the interview later released a statement ... saying, "TO BE PERFECTLY CLEAR... Anthony and/or her legal team are not, have not and will not be paid or compensated in any way by me or my news organization. Nor have I personally received any financial consideration in relation to this story.”

Sonya

She's not even a celebrity what trash !! You need to KILL your child to be relevant ! I refuse to read another article about this psycho bitch!!! This was the first and last ....

mel4peace

Baby killer is still posing for the cameras, someone throw the trash out in 2 garbage bags & be sure to tape the mouth in case of trash talk.

Arka

How stupid does CBS and the reporter think we all are? No, you didn't pay for the interview...but just exactly how much did you pay her for the 2 photos? ABC paid no money for any of their pre-trial interviews. But...they paid $200,000 for the damn photos they showed every 15 minutes. So, how much did you pay her for them, CBS?

mel4peace

amygearity

What a stupid bitc..... im amazed she made it this far she is the nastiest person alive, I hope the worse for her little pecker head team and one day she will see what a ugly nasty pig why is she still alive why cant these freaks that go out and shoot up schools take it out on her, she is such a nasty no good piece of crap.

Tamar

No need to worry those commenting about Casey having fans. There are only two kinds commenting on here. 1. People who like getting a rise out of people and making comments about her and making you mad is what they want. 2. All other fans are just Casey creating profiles so she can post GO CASEY or TEAM CASEY and make You think she has fans. Remember, she has a lot of time on her hands. LOL!

Oh A 💛💋

I hate this bitch with a passion ! She killed her child and got away with it ! This fûcker ass baby killer needs to die ! Every time I hear about her I get mad all over again ! This bitch is a killer a murder ! I hope someone gets her good ! I hope karma finds this bitch and gets her ! I hope she dies and burns in hell !

Elphaba

BITCH, C*NT, DISTGUSTING SKANK...

Megan

If my baby died, and I had to bury them, I would never want to leave the cemetery because I couldn't imagine the idea of my baby being left alone in the dark cold ground.

This piece of trash left her baby in the dark cold wet swamp.

gossipgirl86

Party it up while your baby is in a box six feet under? SMDH....disgusting.....you reap what you sow...

G

Another piece of ****. I hope she dies a slow, painful death!

Mitzymitzy

Damn I thought I was clicking to read this whore's obituary, and who the **** (and why) are these people taking photos with this whore?

Studley Buck

Wow! Cutie Casey Anthony is looking sooooo fine! What a sweet little hottie!

Kat

She got her coward of a mother to lie for her to help her beat the charges. Cindy never had the backbone to seek justice for Caylee but you can bet your sweet boots had a stranger killed Caylee, Cindy would tear down the courtroom doors to make sure her killer paid. But because it's her slimeball of a brat, that's "different". Both are a waste and never deserved to have a day with that beautiful child.

Donna

Drop dead, you arrogant w h o r e!