Casey Anthony

I Won't Be Held Back Anymore

1/29/2013 10:07 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0129_casey_anthony_cbs_article_party
Casey Anthony has broken her 7-month silence ... telling CBS 5 in AZ that she's determined to move forward with her life -- and the station insists Casey wasn't paid a single cent for the interview.

The 26-year-old agreed to a phone interview from her Florida home on Friday under the condition that the reporter ONLY ask her about her bankruptcy situation.

"This is the next step towards closure for me," Anthony explained.

Anthony was also asked about a pending lawsuit filed by a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez who claimed Casey had defamed her when she told cops in 2008 that a fake nanny named "Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez" kidnapped her daughter, Caylee.

Gonzalez is suing Anthony for unspecified damages. Anthony told CBS 5 she hoped that case (and two other pending lawsuits against Anthony) would be behind her by now.

"These are the things holding me back," Anthony said. "This is the key for me to move forward."

Casey also gave the station a couple of recent photos -- showing her hanging out with her legal team back in August.

The reporter who got the interview later released a statement ... saying, "TO BE PERFECTLY CLEAR... Anthony and/or her legal team are not, have not and will not be paid or compensated in any way by me or my news organization. Nor have I personally received any financial consideration in relation to this story.”

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

EmJaye

Good for you, Casey!! We hope to see more positive news about you in the future!

chris

Yeah, I remember her...this seems to be her modus operandi...not letting anything get in her way....the truth...her parents...an inconvenient child. Still waiting for that karma boomerang to make that return flight.

Jules

We really don't care about this child murderer. She will never get on with her life. She will forever have to watch herself cause this world is crazy and there's got to be someone out there crazy enough to not give a s**t and take her ass out! (That would NOT be me by the way). Though it would not hurt my feelings!

Miss_pixie

Everyone has the right to voice their own opinion. Personally this whole "Good for you Casey!!" Makes me sick to my stomach and the fact that anyone can think this women is hot and sexy you people are disgusting and are just as sick and twisted as her. She murdered her little girl because she simply didn't want to deal with be a mother anymore. She got away with taking this precious little angel out of the world. This women deserves to rot in hell.

italiangirl

baby killer, rot in hell. you'll never get a job and you'll be walking on eggshells for the rest of your life. you best keep hiding in your rat hole. no more clubbing for you, you may have gotton off scott free, but caylee got the last laugh in heaven

Ryan

I think she needs to move on with her life.I wish she would see this comment i know she never will. I still think she is a beautiful girl who has grown up finally.She might know what happened to her daughter i still think other people close to her covered this murder up! I would date her if she go out with me!

amcginnis

I love how everyone is judging Casey and saying horrible things about her when no one was even there to know the true story! I think it is ridiculous that our society is always harassing or judging people and things that they are ignorant about. Was any of you guys there? Are you 100% sure she killed her? NO!!

nikole

HI, I HOPE THAT THIS IS CASEY . THE NAME UNDER AMCGINNIS. I BE YOU COULD IF DONE 4OPENTHINGS A LITTLE DIFFERENTLYO

Laura

She will always be that "Baby Killer" that got off...She should rot in hell! Also, she is on celeb. Take her off this site!!! Casey is a disgrace!

gcooke777

One day perhaps her and OJ wil share a cell. In the meanwhile all we in the public can do is make her a NON celebrity by not giving her the time of day. Good news is she is a psychopath. One day she will do it again or try to and like OJ will get convicted. Those that should be TRULY ashamed are the jurors. Im sure they assuage their consciences by saying "the prosecution did't prove the case." Her daughter deserved justice, they had the chance, and looked into her big pretty eyes and BLINKED. Killers come in ugly and pretty packages. she benefited from YEARS of "ted bundyesque" manipulations. TMZ should promise their readers NO NEW CASEY STORIES!

Chachacha

Bankrupt with no money, yet hanging out with her "team of lawyers"??

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12